Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH GW LETTER STATUS........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP WITH GW LETTER STATUS........

I HAD SENT A GW LETTER TO GET A LATE PAYMENT REMOVED FOR MY CAR  PAYMENT LAST MONTH AND THEY SENT IT BACK STATING THAT THEY ARE REPORTING CORRECTLY TO THE CRA AND THEY WON'T REMOVE IT.  I HAVE NEVER BEEN LATE IN 3 YEARS EXCEPT FOR THAT ONE TIME AND I HAD TO SEND MY SON OFF TO COLLEGE.  I CAUGHT IT UP THE NEXT MONTH BUT SHOULD I SEND OUT ANOTHER GW LETTER TO THEM IN THE HOPES THAT THEY WILL REMOVE THE 1 LATE PAYMENT? 

I ALSO SENT ONE TO ANOTHER COMPANY TO GET SOME BADDIES REMOVED BUT I HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM THEM YET.  THE CURRENT STATUS WAS SHOWING 30 TO 60 DAYS PAST DUE BUT THE ENTIRE REPORT STATED THAT I WAS NEVER PAST DUE.  I WAS 30 DAYS PAST DUE ON A FEW OCCASSIONS THOUGH BUT THESE ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED FOR YEARS.  SHOULD I CONTINUE TO GW THEM OR JUST DISPUTE IT WITH THE CRA?  I JUST FINISHED PAYING OFF MY LATEST ACCOUNT WITH THEM ALSO ANDI HAD A LATE FEE THIS TIME. 

NEED ASSISTANCE......

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP WITH GW LETTER STATUS........

I suspect if the late payments are legitimate, a dispute won't help you at all. Probably the only thing you can do is continue to send GW letters, though something you may want to consider is altering your format. If your current tactic isn't working, try a different approach (like being appreciative and nice instead of stern). You probably won't want to make any demands in a GW letter since you're asking them for a favor. Also, maybe check to see if there's a different person you can send it to - for example, an executive or high level manager rather than just a general letter/email to their corporate address?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.