Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH LAW FIRM WELTMAN WEINBERG REIS

tag
WIDSMI
Regular Contributor

HELP WITH LAW FIRM WELTMAN WEINBERG REIS

I sent a DV letter to LVNV Funding LLC regarding a Credit One Account they have. The law offices of Weltman Weinberg and Reis from Brooklyn Heights Ohio sent me a letter in return with the DV info I asked for. I just sent the Law office a PFD letter in FULL for the amount owed...

Does anyone know if this firm ( or any ) will accept a PFD......If they start calling me (( im usre they will )) and start saying they are going to sue me if I dont pay before a certain date WHAT DO I DO?.  Do I continue to insist on a PFD....the amount is only 661.79.........BUT I WANT IT OFF MY REPORT

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP WITH LAW FIRM WELTMAN WEINBERG REIS

What was the debt for?    What is the DOFD and your SOL?

Many CAs have an a lawyer that they use but they (lawyer) still must go by laws. If they start to call you (they shouldn't tho) just mail them,the lawyer, another DV letter. It states no phone calls.

Message 2 of 9
WIDSMI
Regular Contributor

This is from equifax:: it was a credit card

LVNV FUNDING LLC

PO Box 10584
Greenville, SC-296030584
(866) 464-1183

Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXX  Current Status: COLLECTION ACCOUNT  Account Owner: Individual Account.  High Credit: $606   Type of Account : Open Credit Limit: $0   Term Duration:   Terms Frequency:   Date Opened: 2008/01  Balance: $657   Date Reported: 03/2009  Amount Past Due: $657  Date of Last Payment:   Actual Payment Amount: $0   Scheduled Payment Amount: $0   Date of Last Activity: N/A Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 03/2008  Months Reviewed: 12  Creditor Classification: Financial  Activity Description: N/A  Charge Off Amount: $0   Deferred Payment Start Date:   Balloon Payment Amount: $0   Balloon Payment Date:   Date Closed:   Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt purchaser)  Date of First Delinquency: 06/2007  Comments: Consumer disputes this account information,
Collection account  
Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-16-2009 02:26 PM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the OC reporting?  If so what is the date that it will drop? (DOFD)

If the OC is not reporting then can you guess when you stopped making payments?

The date that the CA bought it was in 2008, so the DOFD must be before that.

The SOL in Ga. is 4 years.  Did you get the CC in this state? 

Message 4 of 9
WIDSMI
Regular Contributor

The company that is reporting is LVNV.... but I got a DV response letter from this Firm....(( i originally sent it to LVNV.)))....

Opened the account 1-2008

DOFD 2-2008...

Yes i got the card in GA

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never heard of them before today when they left a voicemail on cell looking for DH and I know he doesn't owe anyone anything.  Thinking they might be looking for me.  I am reluctant to make contact with them.  Do they tend to represent anyone particular clients?

If they're after me, can they go through DH to get to me?  I hate putting up with junk debt buyers, which it appears they are.  Am I correct?

Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is totally up to them what they do.  But it is more than totally within their rights if they dont.  The official credit reproting manual used by all of the CRAs instructs those reporting on payments of collection accounts that they should NOT delete an account in exchange for payment, even in full, of the balance owed.

PFD is something specifically rejected under CRA reporting standards, and to fault a CA for complying with those published standards, and not accepting a PFD request, is not somethng that I recoimmend that a consumer pursue.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a link to the "credit reporting manual" you referred to?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did YOU apply for this and receive the credit?  If the OC is not reporting there is a good chance that it is past CRTP. If it is past CRTP then it must be past SOL.

The date that the CA is reporting as *open* is the date that they (the CA) received it. It has nothing to due with when you receiced the CC.

DOFD goes by the first missed payment on the card!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.