cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH MORTGAGE NOT SHOWING ON CREDIT REPORTS

tag
shellymeli

HELP WITH MORTGAGE NOT SHOWING ON CREDIT REPORTS

Hello everyone.  I have been reading the forum for a long time and have obtained boatloads of very, very helpful information.  I have one question that I can't seem to quickly find an answer to.

Back in 2005 I filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.  I was given a discharge in March of 2006.  In August of 2006 I filed for Chapter 13 because of Mortgage arrears.  I have successfully completed 100% of my plan payments and am now waiting for my case to be officially closed.  I will not receive a discharge because of my previous Bankruptcy. 

I have checked my 3 credit reports and discovered that my mortgage (which is current) is listed as a charge-off.  How can I have this status changed and all my payments (since begining of Chapter 13 in 2006) shown as paid on time.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HELP WITH MORTGAGE NOT SHOWING ON CREDIT REPORTS

When did the OC charge-off the debt?  How was the debt on that particular account handled in the BK?  What was its status after the BK?  Wasnt the account closed at the time of their CO?

I am kinda confused as to how they charged-off the debt as an uncollectible liability on their books, which is what a CO is, and yet the account is still open and in good-standing.

Message 2 of 5
shellymeli

Hi RobertEG,

Thanks for your reply.  I could only find evidence of my mortgage thru BOA on one CR.  Transunion.  It shows account was opened on 1/6/2005 and Closed on 8/1/2006 due to Chapter 13 bankruptcy.  It is going to be removed on 2/2012.  I don't want this to happen.  I have been current for 3 years and also don't want to be paying on something timely and it not benefiting me.

My mortgage was included in my bankruptcy filed in August of 2006.  The trustee insisted it be included in my case. (here in Western PA).  My last payment to my plan was in Sept of 2011.  That means I paid for 5 years and this isn't showing on any of my CR.

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@shellymeli wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I could only find evidence of my mortgage thru BOA on one CR.  Transunion.  It shows account was opened on 1/6/2005 and Closed on 8/1/2006 due to Chapter 13 bankruptcy.  It is going to be removed on 2/2012.  I don't want this to happen.  I have been current for 3 years and also don't want to be paying on something timely and it not benefiting me.

My mortgage was included in my bankruptcy filed in August of 2006.  The trustee insisted it be included in my case. (here in Western PA).  My last payment to my plan was in Sept of 2011.  That means I paid for 5 years and this isn't showing on any of my CR.

If I was in the situation, I'd pray it would fall off TU earlier than February. The account would be listed as IIB which is a negative. Also, if you were on a payment plan, you would find that BofA would report lates while in that payment plan because you are likely paying less than the original mortgage amount, right? I see no upside whatsoever to have it report, other than maybe the length of history. IMO, the baddie might hurt more judging by the way others have reported BofA and repayment plans like this.

If you did want it on the other reports, you could hound BofA. It's their end, not the CRAs, since the CRAs only report what is given to them.

Message 4 of 5
elcarmom
Valued Member

I am in the same boat with BoA.  We filed Chapter 7 BK and reaffirmed with them. They have reported my mortgage closed and 0.00 balance.  Please let me know if you get anywhere with them becuase every idiot I have spoken with has no clue

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.