Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH PORTFOLIO RECOVERY COLLECTION SERVICES

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: HELP WITH PORTFOLIO RECOVERY COLLECTION SERVICES

How is disputing accurate information going to help the OP? +1 Guiness. Send GW letters to remove the TL

Message 11 of 24
New Contributor

Thanks for all the information, but who do I send the GW letters to? Also, exactly what is a GW letter?

Message 12 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

GW is a good will letter asking for some sort of adjustment to the account.  Removing the TL or a late payment.

You send it to who you want to make the adjustment.

Message 13 of 24
New Contributor

Thank You! Do I send it to the creditor or the collection agency?

Message 14 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

In this case the CA is reporting so I would send it to them.

Is the OC also reporting?

Message 15 of 24
New Contributor

Yes, both are reporting. The original creditor and the portfolio collection agency.

Message 16 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I had to go back and re read the post.  I confused myself.

Are all of the accounts with the CA from the same OC?  Is the OC willing to work with you?

Message 17 of 24
bfranklin825
Valued Member

@guiness56 wrote:

@bfranklin825 wrote:

Have you tried disputing these accounts on your reports? I was able to have several of mine remove just by disputing them. Worth a shot...

Can't do that.  It is a violation of the TOS of the forums.

How is disputing accounts on your report against the TOS? When you're knee deep in bad accounts and they've all gone to collections and even passed from agency to agency information gets all jumbled up and accounts CAN become inaccruate and NEED to be disputed. Amounts can be incorrect, dates, original creditors, etc. These collection agencies aren't careful or diligent with your information, especially when they sell you off to someone else.

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 24
bfranklin825
Valued Member

@DaBears wrote:

How is disputing accurate information going to help the OP? +1 Guiness. Send GW letters to remove the TL

OP didn't say if the information is accurate or not. OP may not even know if it is.

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@bfranklin825 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@bfranklin825 wrote:

Have you tried disputing these accounts on your reports? I was able to have several of mine remove just by disputing them. Worth a shot...

Can't do that.  It is a violation of the TOS of the forums.

How is disputing accounts on your report against the TOS? When you're knee deep in bad accounts and they've all gone to collections and even passed from agency to agency information gets all jumbled up and accounts CAN become inaccruate and NEED to be disputed. Amounts can be incorrect, dates, original creditors, etc. These collection agencies aren't careful or diligent with your information, especially when they sell you off to someone else.

Because the OP did NOT say they were not his/hers or reporting inaccurately I am making an educated guess they are correct.  Therefore, undisputable by the TOS of the forums.

If at any time the OP states differently I will respond appropriately. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.