Did you mean: 

HELP WITH PORTFOLIO RECOVERY COLLECTION SERVICES

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HELP WITH PORTFOLIO RECOVERY COLLECTION SERVICES

@bfranklin825 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

How is disputing accurate information going to help the OP? +1 Guiness. Send GW letters to remove the TL

OP didn't say if the information is accurate or not. OP may not even know if it is.

OP didn't say either way so until it is brought up as inaccurate can't tell him to dispute.

Message 21 of 24
bfranklin825
Valued Member

@guiness56 wrote:

Because the OP did NOT say they were not his/hers or reporting inaccurately I am making an educated guess they are correct.  Therefore, undisputable by the TOS of the forums.

If at any time the OP states differently I will respond appropriately. 

Your educated guess is that they are correct, MY educated guess is that the OP is just ASSUMING they are correct and wants to take care of them as quickly as possible. When I had all kinds of bad accounts on my reports I didn't know either way if they were accurate or not. The creditors who held the accounts were not the original creditors, possibly not even the third or fourth company to own the debt. I disputed a number of accounts because I wasn't sure or had suspicions that they were inaccurate and some were removed. They wouldn't have been removed if the were accurate and verifable. I've never heard of anyone getting accurate information removed just by disputing it.

If someone is unsure of a date, amount, or anything about an account then it SHOULD be disputed.

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For the sake of arguement, even if they are incorrect, there are other ways to go about it than disputing with the CRAs.  Disputing in the hopes it will get deleted is not the way to go.  All that has to be done is the TL updated to reflect what is accurate.

Accurate accounts are removed via a dispute all the time because the creditor doesn't respond in the 30 day given.  Doesn't make them unverifiable or inaccurate.

Message 23 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@bfranklin825 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Because the OP did NOT say they were not his/hers or reporting inaccurately I am making an educated guess they are correct.  Therefore, undisputable by the TOS of the forums.

If at any time the OP states differently I will respond appropriately. 

Your educated guess is that they are correct, MY educated guess is that the OP is just ASSUMING they are correct and wants to take care of them as quickly as possible. When I had all kinds of bad accounts on my reports I didn't know either way if they were accurate or not. The creditors who held the accounts were not the original creditors, possibly not even the third or fourth company to own the debt. I disputed a number of accounts because I wasn't sure or had suspicions that they were inaccurate and some were removed. They wouldn't have been removed if the were accurate and verifable. I've never heard of anyone getting accurate information removed just by disputing it.

If someone is unsure of a date, amount, or anything about an account then it SHOULD be disputed.

Then at that point you will send a Direct dispute and not have to rely on CRA's to use e-oscar for disputed information which is an automated system that uses a 2 digit code. 95% of the time it comes back verified. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.