Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH PORTFOLIO RECOVERY!!

tag
paop
Valued Member

HELP WITH PORTFOLIO RECOVERY!!

I have this collection account thats reporting 120+ days late, so I disputed the account with the bureaus, and came back verified. I DV them with CMWRR and never heard back from them. Then I applied a a home loan and its still there. I disputed again, but now I just want to PFD so I can get that loan. So I called portfolio and they told me the account is in their dispute depertment.

Does anyone know what this means????  Can someone help me ? Thank you so much in advance!!

I

Starting Score: 407
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP WITH PORTFOLIO RECOVERY!!

When did you dispute?

Message 2 of 8
paop
Valued Member

Just recently again. I've been disputing this account because I was just an AU but it reports as joint.

I just want to see if I can contact them to do PFD just to get rid of it. Thanks

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I strongly suggest that you file a direct dispute with the OC under FCRA 623(a)(8) , and bypass the CRA.

The categorization of the account as joint is inaccurate reporting by the OC

To PFD on someone else's account is not something I would do.  Why not just have the account holder contact the OC and just have your AU status terminated?

See if the OC sings the same story with the actual account holder..... that they consider you as a joint account holder.

Message 4 of 8
paop
Valued Member

Thanks for the reply.

We already tried to dispute with the OC, and the original account was deleted from my files, but they say since someone else bouhgt the account, they can't do anything about how other companies handle their records.

As of right now, if i can get the email address that someone had luck doing PFD with them, that would be a plus. I am trying to qualify for a mortgage loan, and to go thru the dispute procces again is just going to take to long. I would rather pay what's owed if it can get deleted.

So if someone has the email, can u please PM it to me, thanks everyone for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the OC has sold the debt and deleted their prior credit reporting, then you cant dispute with them now, but you can dispute with the party who has inaccurate information reported to your credit file. That party is the debt collector.  The inacurate information is the reporting that you owe a debt.  As an AU, you have no legal debt.

I would file a direct dispute with the debt collector under FCRA 623(a)(8), disputing their inaccurate credit reporting.

Meanwhile, I would additionally have the actual account holder contact the OC and attempt to clear up the OC's apparent notification to the debt collector that you are/were a joint account holder.

Collection ofthe debt, by whomever, is between that party and the consumer who legally owes the debt.  That isapparently not you.

Message 6 of 8
paop
Valued Member

I have already disputed with the Collection Agency. I sent them a Dv letter CMRR and got the green card back saying they received it, but never received anything back from them validating the debt, but still report it.

Message 7 of 8
paop
Valued Member

Can Anyone PM Portfolios Email?, please!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.