Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!! Wage Garnish/Erin Capital Management

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!!! Wage Garnish/Erin Capital Management

First off, your employer has more information than they are telling you (former paralegal). In order to even comply with such an order, they should have a letter or some sort of documentation from either the court or Erin Capital Management. WHomever it came from, should have a reference number and/or an account for you. Demand this information from your employer. If it's a judgment, a case number should be on the document, further more, a judgment appears on your CR and if you have access to it, check there.

Call Erin Capital Management and demand the details on the debt, by law, they have to give them to you. An attorney would be my last resort, since you can probably find out details on your own (for free) and then go from there. Good luck.

Message 21 of 22
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Re: HELP!!!! Wage Garnish/Erin Capital Management

@Anonymous wrote:

@bstone wrote:

Not to kick you while your down or anything, but you knew about this debt seven years ago, and apparently did nothing to resolve it.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Rec-d-a-letter-from-an-attorney-on-behalf-of-Erin-Capital/m-p/335636

Harsh lesson to learn, but in the future it is advisable to address these matters timely, the collection agency responded appropriately when they weren't able to get anywhere with you amicably.

Hmm, this person didnt file bankruptcy. OP keep us posted on the outcome. 

My BK filing is irrelevant, the fact remains the OP is saying "they have no idea what this is" yet seven years ago they received notification of it and have had seven years to not only figure it out, but resolve it.  That's my point.  You have to be responsible for your own actions, and when your irresponsibility snowballs into a mess, well, it's yours to clean up.

My BK filing had to do with a failed business venture, nothing more, nothing less.  It sucks, but sometimes you take risks and lose a ton.  In this case well over $250K.  Filing was our only way out.

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.