Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! What are my best options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! What are my best options?

My husband and I are in the process of rebuilding our credit.  We just recently have lucked out and received some money that will help pay off our debt/charge offs, collections, etc. 

Our credit report shows the following:
Bank of America settlement already paid
Discover CO for 6400
Beneficial CO for 1400
LVNV Funding (CA for Sears) 3400
LVNV Funding (CA for other card) $350
SST (CA for medical account) 800
Macy's CO for $58
NCO Financial (for Cingular) 550
Chase shows a CO but we have been making regular payment since the CO and the balance is $4400
Equiant Financial-closed account $578 past due balance 14,500
  This was a timeshare account.  The property was foreclosed.  The 14500 is still showing on my debt.  My understanding was the property title was returned to them and the 14500 debt would not be my responsibility.  I have contacted them and as of right now, the customer service agent had no clue what to tell me so she was emailing accounting to figure it out.  I am calling back on that on Monday.

We do have two open lines of credit that have no balance on them.  Also, one auto loan that is current.

We also do have late payments from other accounts that I am going to try and send GW letters on them

Should I send PFD on the CO on accounts that are with CA or the original creditors?  Or both?  If I send a PFD with a settlement offer, what is a good percentage to start with?

Once these accounts are paid, and hopefully the timeshare balance is figured out, how much can I expect my score to rise.  My fico score is currrently 548.

Thank you so much in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP! What are my best options?

I forgot to add.  I also have a state tax lien that has been paid and is filed under judgements.  Is there any way to get that taken off my records??

Thanks!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should ALWAYS try to PFD first...but most OC COs will not accept a PFD...but the COs are what are KILLING you scores...all the CC COs on your reports...are still calculated into your overall UTL...and making it seem like you still have these cards...and they are maxed out...

You need to pay them ASAP...even if the company does not agree to PFD...because of the UTL...30% of score is made up of UTL...and that is what is killing you...try and use the Fico Simulator...and see what paying them...can do for your scores...and thi sis for...Discover...Beneficial...Macy's...Chase...

LVNV Funding will not PFD...but they have their own method/policy...once you pay...they advise you to dispute with the CRAs...and they will not verify...resulting in the TL getting deleted...other have had success with it...and I plan on doing this at the end of this month...

DV NCO Financial...if they verify...send them a PFD letter...medical bills are handeled a little differently... www.whychat.5u.com

Start typing up GW letter for previous lates...starting with the most recent first...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply!  

When sending a PFD with a settlement offer, what percentage should I start with?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually with a PFD...the full payment is offered...but some companies...OCs..and CAs...accept settlement...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I start with a settlement on a PFD or just offer a settlement and then try to send a GW letter  after?

thanks for your input!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.