cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP asap - PLEASE.... Hospital calling back regarding collections that arent mine

tag
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

HELP asap - PLEASE.... Hospital calling back regarding collections that arent mine

I have several medical collections on my credit report and I was confused to why they were there.   It turns out they are my moms from her medical treatments.  They said I must have signed something saying I was responsible for her debt, which I dont remember ever doing.  If I did sign something its because it wasnt explained to me and I was sitting there watching my mom dying in the hospital. 

Well my mom is okay and can pay her own bills (thank god)

But for my credits sake, can I get out of this?  I was having a hard time figuring out why these medical bills kept coming up on my credit report and they are looking for the paper that I supposidly signed.  Iff they cant find it do they need to remove the collections from my reports?  She is supposed to call back here shortly!

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP asap - PLEASE.... Hospital calling back regarding collections that arent mine

Absolutely.   It is not your debt.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: HELP asap - PLEASE.... Hospital calling back regarding collections that arent mine

sheesh I was wondering where they were cominmg from!!!!!! I got one that is in collection.  The HOSPITIAL is calling the credit agency to remove the one for 116.00.  I  am so glad I caught this because I was about to have two more on my credit report.   I wonder how much this will make my score jump.  One collection just over a year old deleted.  They said they would remove it today, hopefully it will reflect my report soon.   SO that leaves TWO accounts for that horrible collection agency instead of 3.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score:

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally speaking, you're only legally liable for a medical bill that belongs to you personally or your children. But if you did ever sign for emergency care for someone at the hospital, even if it was a kid down the street, etc, you can be held legally liable.

Fortunately, the hospital couldn't find any paper they claim you signed so your problem is resolved. Smiley Happy IF you had signed for it, it would just be a matter or having your mom go to the hospital business office and absolving you of the responsibility by signing for it herself.
Message 4 of 8
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Okay come to find out, they seen that I had signed for her health care not debt.  3 phone calls with collection agency and 3 phone calls with the hospital and IT IS REMOVED!  Gone!  See ya later bye!  ONE DOWN!

Okay breathe,  Phew!

That is one down and 6 more to go.  I have to redo my PFD letter now, and remove this account.  THANK GOD.  YAY, one down and a million more to go.

Now I wonder how long it will take the CRA to update Smiley Happy and get some of my points back!!!!!

HAPPY!

Starting Score:

Message 5 of 8
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Awesome!!!!

You're moving right along!

See, its not so hard. You are getting good at this. It won't be long now!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 6 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Happy Dance!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 8
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Very Happy  Gonna wait till the end of the month to update the scores and see what happens, it'll throw another good ON TIME payment with a car and credit card. I'll make sure to let you guys know how much it goes up.

Starting Score:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.