Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! incorrect reporting to equifax and experian

tag
golfingmama
New Contributor

HELP!!! incorrect reporting to equifax and experian

Hi everyone!

First off, THANK YOU to everyone who posts awesome info on here! You've all been a fantastic help thus far Smiley Happy  I'm a newbie so please bare with me.

Well, here's my situation...Fashion Bug (wfnnb/fbvi) & soanb/fbug have been reporting to experian and equifax incorrectly since 10/2009-today 11/2010.  I have disputed several times with both experian and equifax, DV'd the account, GW'd fashion bug soanb & wfnnb to have the entire tradeline deleted as well as sent several GW's to have the lates (beginning in 6/2009-11/2010) corrected with no success.  The account has been PIF since 9/2009.

The disputes have come back "verified" (with no luck on removing) and when I called wfnnb (6 times already) they have said that their records show I am current and the account is PIF'd and closed.  (I also sent wfnnb copies of myfico account info with the "repossession/foreclosure" reporting on equifax and "KD" reporting on experian).

So here's my question...do I have to send an ITS now in order to have this fixed?  Or what would my next move be to have this taken care of?

Thanks,

golfingmama

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!!! incorrect reporting to equifax and experian

I believe from your other post trying to get some information about this that it is being reported correctly. As per what you said it was paid in full but was originally late. So they can report that late payment for 7 years. They are not required to remove anything that is reported correctly. But sometimes they work with people when GW them and remove the negative reporting information. But at no time are they required to remove because you finally paid them in full. If you can not get them to respond to your DV and GW's all you can do is keep trying month after month and hope some one will be willing to work with you. 

Just keep in mind when GW'ing to ask nicely. 

I am sure some one with more experience in this matter will chime in when they are available and have some advice for you. Just be a little patient.

Hope everything works out for you.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
golfingmama
New Contributor

thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

I am not disputing that i was late from 6/2009 -9/2009, i was.  i am disputing that myfico reads "repossesion/foreclosure" and experian reads "KG" 6/2009-11/2010 for each month listed, there are no "30", "60", "90", "120" lates, etc listed anywhere, only the terms i mentioned. My problem is that it was PIF 10/2009.  Why is October 2009 through November 2010 being reporting degrogatory when the account is paid and closed? and why won't wfnnb or the CB fix it?

Message 3 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

It will report negative for 7 years from the time you 1st went late. If went to collections will report negative for 7.5 years from the time you 1st went late. 

Whether or not you paid in full has no impact on changing reporting since you were late. It also has no impact on your scores. What it does have impact on is certain lenders will see that you made good on paying an obligation that was yours, and may offer you credit with them because of those actions. As it ages it will have less of an effect on your scores.

As I said earlier someone with more experience will give some good advice.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 5
golfingmama
New Contributor

thanks again, i understand the late payments 6/09-9/09 and how they will stay on the report for 7-7.5 yrs, thats not the issue

i think i need to be a bit more clear.  when the account (never sent to a CA) was paid in full to the OC in Sept2009 and closed, how can they (being wfnnb) still report that the account is derogatory through all of 2010 when there is no account anymore?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.