cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! tips with these derogatory accounts please!

tag
apay
Valued Member

HELP! tips with these derogatory accounts please!

We have several accounts with numerous lates...but not much on our reports, so I believe these are weighted heavily.  Scores are around 580 (fako) and we would like to be able to buy a home in the next 1-2 years.

We have

Great Lakes 90 (2014)--account still open $1400 owed

Santander 30 (2010), two 30 (2011), four 30 (2013) and two 60 (2013)--account paid and closed 2/2014

Fingerhut 30 (2015)--account still open $104 owed ($250 credit limit)

Wells Fargo Dealer Services 30 (2015)--account still open $24,000 owed

AFNI (DIRECT TV) collection account $663 owed

CMI (WOW Internet) collection account $553 owed

ARS Account Resolution (medical) collection account $76

Commonwealth Financial Systems (medical) collection account $555

Credit One Bank 30 (2015)--account still open $408 balance ($400 credit limit)

First Federal Credit Control (medical) collection account $582

Financial Corp America (medical) collection account $83

Sallie Mae (FOUR different accounts)  ALL have---two 90 and one 120 in 2011--account paid when loans consolidated

Stellar Recovery Inc (Time Warner) collection account $116

--We used Lexington Law for a few months and had alot removed, but figured at this point the amount we were spending to pay them could be going towards our debts, but having trouble getting anywhere without some kind of direction.  

We also have numerous accounts in good standing (another auto loan, consolidated student loans, cap one sec card, 2nd fingerhut acct)

We appreciate any and all advice!

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
apay
Valued Member

GREAT LAKES 90 DAY LATE

Going through my report and I have 1 90 day late on 1/2014 with great lakes, otherwise it's fine since 2004 when opened.  Any suggestions or experience on how I could get that removed?

The current balance is only about $1400, so it's within reach of just paying it off lump sum, so not sure if that adds to any suggestions anyone may have.

Credit report is pretty slim, I don't have many lines of credit, so every little thing is hurting score, I'm sure.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GREAT LAKES 90 DAY LATE

do some searches for "letter of goodwill"  basically writiing a letter to whoever owns the debt asking them for a removal. There is a technique and working however and it does take some work. Another thing you can do is make some phone calls. but be prepared to be let down..many times ... before you get anywhere.

I got a charge off from SCE removed from the credit report. Took a ton of phone calls and some senscere butt kissing. But it did get deleted.  Keep in mind i find that lucky, i tried with Verizon Wireless and they will not budge. Good luck, i think after seeing how much it took for me to do sce and verizon i might pay someone to do it. Smiley Happy Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@apay wrote:

Going through my report and I have 1 90 day late on 1/2014 with great lakes, otherwise it's fine since 2004 when opened.  Any suggestions or experience on how I could get that removed?

The current balance is only about $1400, so it's within reach of just paying it off lump sum, so not sure if that adds to any suggestions anyone may have.

Credit report is pretty slim, I don't have many lines of credit, so every little thing is hurting score, I'm sure.

Thanks in advance!

On the 90 day late try pay for deletion.  Search the site and the Internet for specifics.  That's your best option, but you have to get the agreement in writing before you pay.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

OP,

I have removed your where do I start thread as its an exact duplicate of this one. Please do not post multi threads on the exact same thing it leads to confusion by the members and its against our TOS. Welcome to myFico and thanks for your understanding on this Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
apay
Valued Member

Smiley Embarassed thank you

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.