cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! trying to rebuild, not sure where to start

tag
christine3377

HELP!!! trying to rebuild, not sure where to start

So my husband and I are trying to purchase a house hopefully within the next 6 months and I wold like to clear up as much negatives on his credit report, as his is better than mine.  When done with his I will start on mine.

On his report:

Paid tax lien will drop off 5/2019

judgement - reported as not paid but actually is.

Collections

Direct Loans - remaining balance was 450 - Has been paid off this week.

EOS CCA for $156 past medical bill.  set to fall off 4/2014

EOS CCA for $50 past medical bill. set to fall off 11/2014

IC Systems collections for $90 past medical bill -set to fall off 12/2016

Overton russell and doer for $100 past medical bill set to fall off 5/2019

Swift funds LLc $724 old gym membership set to fall off 5/2019

Closed accounts:

There are a few closed account that I was thinking about sending good will letters too.

Current account

Wells fargo dealer services - only 3 months old.

I tried calling overton and russell today to ask for a pay for deletion, then asked if they would settle for a lesser amount, no go on either.  Sending a PFD tomorrow.

Called capital 1 about incorrect judgement and to ask them if they could correct it and found out that there is a old Orchard Bank Card that is not paid.  It ran out of the SOL and is not reporting on credit report.  They said I could send voluntary payment.  Is this worth paying, or should I have them validate the debt? 

Do I have to do a dispute with all 3 credit bureaus to have them change the judgement, do you think they may delete it? 

Is there any luck in getting the tax lien removed?

I'm just not sure where the best place to start is. 

Also I know that he needs more open revolving accounts, do we try this now or wait?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Sorry this was so long.  Just not really sure how to attack this.

Current credit scores from our bank - applied for mortage

Equifax 610

Trans Union 599

Experian 589

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP!!! trying to rebuild, not sure where to start

@christine3377 wrote:

So my husband and I are trying to purchase a house hopefully within the next 6 months and I wold like to clear up as much negatives on his credit report, as his is better than mine.  When done with his I will start on mine.

On his report:

Paid tax lien will drop off 5/2019 See about filing for withdrawl of lien, if IRS use form 12277, state look and see if can be done

judgement - reported as not paid but actually is. Dispute with the CRAs and also if allowed file motion to vacate on grounds its been paid in the court that granted it.

Collections

Direct Loans - remaining balance was 450 - Has been paid off this week. Ask them to delete the entry if they wont GW letters to the CEO

EOS CCA for $156 past medical bill.  set to fall off 4/2014 Call CRAs and ask if can be dropped early same for the 11/14, I recommend you use HIPAA process for reporting medical collections you can Google it.

EOS CCA for $50 past medical bill. set to fall off 11/2014

Swift funds LLc $724 old gym membership set to fall off 5/2019 Attempt PFD

Closed accounts:

There are a few closed account that I was thinking about sending good will letters too.

Current account

I tried calling overton and russell today to ask for a pay for deletion, then asked if they would settle for a lesser amount, no go on either.  Sending a PFD tomorrow.

Called capital 1 about incorrect judgement and to ask them if they could correct it and found out that there is a old Orchard Bank Card that is not paid.  It ran out of the SOL and is not reporting on credit report.  They said I could send voluntary payment.  Is this worth paying, or should I have them validate the debt? If apping for mortgage and they reqest full factual report they will see anything in the past 10 years, if its older I would not bother, I would want proof the debt is owed... DVs dont get sent to OCs.

Do I have to do a dispute with all 3 credit bureaus to have them change the judgement, do you think they may delete it? See comments above on both these

Is there any luck in getting the tax lien removed?

I'm just not sure where the best place to start is. 

Also I know that he needs more open revolving accounts, do we try this now or wait? I would open savings account with SDFCU ASAP and put money in it for their secured Visa then ask for it by phone (will be no HP if money already in savings)..

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Sorry this was so long.  Just not really sure how to attack this.

Equifax 610

Trans Union 599

Experian 589

It is good you have already applied for the mortgage it will bring out any and all scumbags that may be hiding in the wings so they can be dealt with on your terms, you dont want them showing up at the table 1 week prior to close, the only bad thing is you will probably have to settle for full amount as they know you have to pay prior to close on home... Good luck on all this Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
christine3377

Thanks so such.  This is all overwhelming but time to get this all straightened out!

Message 3 of 7
christine3377

The SDFCU is that a the State Department Federal Credit Union?

Do they report as a secured card or just as a credit card?  And does how they report it really matter as long as I keep paying the monthly payments?

Message 4 of 7
christine3377

On his report:

judgement - reported as not paid but actually is. TU updated to paid and is now set to fall off at 7/2015

Collections

Direct Loans - remaining balance was 450 - Paid

EOS CCA for $156 past medical bill.  set to fall off 4/2014 - Paid for deletion....Just waiting for it to be processed

EOS CCA for $50 past medical bill. set to fall off 11/2014 - Paid for deletion.....Just waiting for it to be processed.

Closed accounts:

Current account

Equifax 610

Trans Union 599

Experian 589

CK is 588

Message 5 of 7
christine3377

Just paid a couple of the collections off.  Will be using this thread for a repair jouney/ to-do list for me to keep it all in one place and organized.  

Thanks for any suggestions too, they are greatly appreciated!

Message 6 of 7
christine3377

On his report:

judgement - reported as not paid but actually is. TU updated to paid and is now set to fall off at 7/2015 - stil waiting on responses from other 2 CB.

Collections

Direct Loans - remaining balance was 450 - Paid - not updated on CR yet.

EOS CCA for $156 past medical bill.  set to fall off 4/2014 - Paid for deletion....Just waiting for it to be processed

EOS CCA for $50 past medical bill. set to fall off 11/2014 - Paid for deletion.....Just waiting for it to be processed.

IC Systems collections for $90 past medical bill -set to fall off 12/2016 - Paid in full.  Said should come off credit report in 60 days.

Closed accounts:

Current account

Old Credit One card that was open for 7 months then closed per our request.

Equifax 610

Trans Union 599

Experian 589

CK is 588

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.