Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!

tag
lsain920
Valued Member

HELP!!

Ok so Asset Acceptance sent me two letters stating i owed money from 10 years ago. Well they are no longer on my credit report. I do not recall these being my accounts but i sent a DV. Well what i got back was a so called DV Letter stating:

Debt Validation
Original Creditor  SBC Michigan
Original Acct No   XXXXXXX6933
Name                    lsain920
Balance                 $500
Last Transaction Date: (BLANK)

Ok so this is not actually validating the debt, this is the same info i see on the letters they sent, what is my next step? Send another Validation Letter or just ignore and not reply anymore since they are obviously playing games with me and they must not have any valid information or they would of supplied it.. Please help because my credit is good and i would hate for them to re-age it just because i inquired about it... Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!

lsain920 wrote:
Ok so Asset Acceptance sent me two letters stating i owed money from 10 years ago. Well they are no longer on my credit report. I do not recall these being my accounts but i sent a DV. Well what i got back was a so called DV Letter stating:

Debt Validation
Original Creditor  SBC Michigan
Original Acct No   XXXXXXX6933
Name                    lsain920
Balance                 $500
Last Transaction Date: (BLANK)

Ok so this is not actually validating the debt, this is the same info i see on the letters they sent, what is my next step? Send another Validation Letter or just ignore and not reply anymore since they are obviously playing games with me and they must not have any valid information or they would of supplied it.. Please help because my credit is good and i would hate for them to re-age it just because i inquired about it... Thanks

Re-aging is illegal. Do you have any old credit reports that show this account that would prove DOFD?

Is SOL expired? I would assume it is, but some states have long SOL.

If SOL is expired, I send them a cease and desist and SOL letter.
Message 2 of 3
lsain920
Valued Member

Re: HELP!!

No, i have never seen any reports with this account listed but that also goes to say i didn't start checking my report until i got my mortgage is 06, but yes in Michigan the sol is 7 years and this account has to be atleast if not more than 10 years old.. So i should just send a c&d letter, ok thanks
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.