Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!

tag
happyus
Valued Member

HELP!!!

Okay... I think this is some bogus stuff.  I started trying to repair my husbands credit back in January, and of course all kinds of collectors have come out of the woodwork.  I received a call from some "Glen Eisenberg" from Hiller and Hoffman llc, regarding an old CC that had been CO of my husbands.  Saying that they were trying to contact my hubby to avoid a judgement.  I asked them to speak to me about the info... and they did.  Long story short, he offered me a settlement for paying this OLD debt and promised to update the tradeline to state "paid as agreed, never late."  I asked him to send me the letter in writing, along with a DV.  Letter came along with no DV, print looks kind of shady, like I could have done it from home.  Letter also does not have all the info that was promised. 

Can a CA update an OC's original tradeline?  Has anyone heard of this Hiller and Hoffman? I googled them and found a website claiming fraud from them?   Anyone have any advice?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!!

Hi happyus!

One of the first (and most important) lessons of credit repair that I learned was PLEASE "opt out" with the credit bureaus, and your creditors in good standing. So, if you haven't do so, do so now.

You said that this debt is "OLD". How old is old? Is it beyond the SOL? Is it beyond CRTP?

Cease all communications with the CA on the phone. Don't EVER talk to a CA if you can at all avoid it. You don't request DV over the phone. You do it in writing, CMRR. Period.

Is this debt reporting on your husbands credit report? If so, who EXACTLY is reporting? Is it the OC? Is it the CA? Is it both? Who was the OC? Who is the CA? When was the DoFD?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!!

Only 2 people can change an OC's reporting. The OC and the CRA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.