cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!

tag
kmk

HELP!

Hello, I have a situation where I HAVE to get my credit score up ASAP. I started at 472 and after joining a credit union, getting a secured credit card,  being add on to my mothers credit cards as a AU, and taking myself out of default on my student loan I am now 603 (Equifax).  I know that now using the credit cards responsibly is the long term strategy but I think that if I use my tax money to try and get my negative accounts paid off that would be another "reasonably quick" way to up my score.

So my the majority of my negative items are medical bills and a couple of old credit cards.  I will have all but $1,000 to pay these off  I want to get them deleted not just reporting paid.  Cannot express enough how vital it is that I get m score up ASAP, any thoughts on how to get these resolved?  I do not have enough time to do DV's I rather just pay them and get them deleted.  My credit counselor said to call them and if they agree get it in writing and send mony order.  I dont have time to go back and forth by mail.Any help would be appreciated, the agency's I am dealing with are american accounts and advisors, credit bureau hutchinson, IC systems, ACS collections, coll tech, Pheonix Management systems, pskn&obrwtr,affiliated group. I can get into more details if you need me to as far as amounts, none of the sol's are going to be within the next year so those dont matter to me. Please any advise, thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP!

My advise to you, since this is a time critical situation.  Take and make a folder for each one of the debts.  Put all the information you have on each one in the folder.  Get something to eat, and something to drink, grab your phone and get comfortable.  Start making the calls, give them a verable GW story and ask for a PFD.  If they won't grant, write everything down, and move to the next.  When you finish the list, start over at the beginning and try again, maybe you could ask for a supervisor or someone up the chain.  Wish you the best of luck.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

Deletion based on payment is not something they are obliged to do, and most will have a general policy not to delete based on payment, so if you start with underlings, you will most likely get a standard blow-off in view of their company policy.

I suggest you first attempt to get the name of a management official who has authority to grant exceptions to their normal policy.

Maybe someone on the site who has had prior sucess with your particular debt collector can provide a contact.

Message 3 of 5
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@kmk wrote:

Hello, I have a situation where I HAVE to get my credit score up ASAP. I started at 472 and after joining a credit union, getting a secured credit card,  being add on to my mothers credit cards as a AU, and taking myself out of default on my student loan I am now 603 (Equifax).  I know that now using the credit cards responsibly is the long term strategy but I think that if I use my tax money to try and get my negative accounts paid off that would be another "reasonably quick" way to up my score.

So my the majority of my negative items are medical bills and a couple of old credit cards.  I will have all but $1,000 to pay these off  I want to get them deleted not just reporting paid.  Cannot express enough how vital it is that I get m score up ASAP, any thoughts on how to get these resolved?  I do not have enough time to do DV's I rather just pay them and get them deleted.  My credit counselor said to call them and if they agree get it in writing and send mony order.  I dont have time to go back and forth by mail.Any help would be appreciated, the agency's I am dealing with are american accounts and advisors, credit bureau hutchinson, IC systems, ACS collections, coll tech, Pheonix Management systems, pskn&obrwtr,affiliated group. I can get into more details if you need me to as far as amounts, none of the sol's are going to be within the next year so those dont matter to me. Please any advise, thanks in advance.

Why the urgency? If you're hoping for something to happen overnight, it won't. It takes time and patience.

For the medical bills, DV them first then offer a PFD for them. If they won't PFD then pay them and GW them later. For the old credit cards, the charge-off is factoring into your util which is killing your score. I would pay these first.

You're probably not going to get a PFD for the credit cards but it never hurts to ask.

Good luck and we're here to help.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 5
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Yea, there is no "faster way" to get things done. If there was, then everyone here would be talking about it and promoting it too. It is the tried and true long haul process that everyone here outlines. There may be one or two lucky shots you got to call up a CSR for some company and offer a PFD over the phone, they accept, you trust them, you pay over the phone and then, boom, the derog is gone - but that is a big chance you are taking.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.