Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP!!!

So I've been working so hard on rebuilding my credit! I feel like all my progress is about to go down the drain. I had a Wells Fargo Second Chance Account. Earlier this year, I had overdrawn my account like $100ish. Then, other accounts tried to charge my account, resulting in more charges. I called to set up arrangements and was told would get sometHing in mail, never did. .... so I put taking care of it on the back burner. I've been out of town, got home last night. .. I GOT A COLLECTIONS NOTICE FROM AN AGENCY NOW TRYING TO COLLECT. ....

HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF THIS!?!?

CAN I CALL WELLS FARGO AND WORK IT OUT WITH THEM INSTEAD?

THE NOTICE WAS DATED 10/24... WILL THEY GIVE ME A CHANCE TO PAY BEFORE PUTTING IT ON MY CREDIT REPORT! ?!?

Freaking out since last night, help appreciated
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
So I've been working so hard on rebuilding my credit! I feel like all my progress is about to go down the drain. I had a Wells Fargo Second Chance Account. Earlier this year, I had overdrawn my account like $100ish. Then, other accounts tried to charge my account, resulting in more charges. I called to set up arrangements and was told would get sometHing in mail, never did. .... so I put taking care of it on the back burner. I've been out of town, got home last night. .. I GOT A COLLECTIONS NOTICE FROM AN AGENCY NOW TRYING TO COLLECT. ....

HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF THIS!?!?

CAN I CALL WELLS FARGO AND WORK IT OUT WITH THEM INSTEAD?

THE NOTICE WAS DATED 10/24... WILL THEY GIVE ME A CHANCE TO PAY BEFORE PUTTING IT ON MY CREDIT REPORT! ?!?

Freaking out since last night, help appreciated

Okay.. slow down. You need to clarify exactly what is happening.

Do you still owe the Original Creditor money? (I assume Wells Fargo)

Does this notice say this Collection Agency is collecting on behalf of Wells Fargo or they now own the account?

You may have bigger issues if you had other creditors with returned payments..

I need more details (a time line would help)

How many accounts are involved in the Wells Fargo overdrafts..

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the reply and willingness to help., as you can tell, I'm losing it over hear. .... All my fault, assuming 100% responsibility. I still owe Wells Fargo. The notice just says ' creditor: wells Fargo', no mention as to if the own the debt now or ate collection for them. There are 2 accOunts in the overdraft.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for typos, On mobile, ugh.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call wells Fargo and see what my options are. Then if they won't help I would call the ca and negotial pif if not reported or pfd if they have reported it.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. ... Calling wells Fargo in the morNing. ...
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!! [Updated]

So....

Just got of the phone with Wells Fargo...

Good News....

Created a payment arrangement to pay off debt (offered a settlement, declined - wanted payments instead of pay off right now)....

AND.....

Once paid off, can have reapply for another account (thought I'd be blacklisted or something)....

First payment, of weekly payments, due 11/20....

Thanks for the advice guys.... #HelpedCalmMeDown #AndItWorked

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.