nee-nee

HIIPA

I am new to this board, and I have a medical bill that was paid, but paid late.  It was from a workmens compensation case, the OC had the Workmens comp. # and was aware that it was workmens comp, I was brought in via EMS.  The OC sent it to collections, now it is on my credit report, will the HIIPA work.  I thought it was unlawful to add it to my report since I was not the responsible party for the bill, I live in Michigan?
usc32

Re: HIIPA

I had something similar happen to me with the exception that it was unpaid. When I realized that it had not been paid by WC and hit my credit report, I had my employer intervene with the hospital and collection agency and it disappeared fairly quickly and got paid. This all happened nearly a year after the incident.
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

All paid medical must be deleted!!!    Start with the Pre-HIPAA dispute letter

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=27537

Because this was W/C  you have even more power

nee-nee

Thanks, I am going to send out my pre HIIPA first thing tomorrow morning.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+