Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPAA EXPERT -- HAPPY DAYS? FUSED?

tag
want2b_800s
Contributor

HIPAA EXPERT -- HAPPY DAYS? FUSED?

Hello --

Could someone please help???  I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Here's a run down of my situation:

1.  Noticed unpaid medical collection reporting on husband's EX and TU byCA

2.  Sent DV to EX and TU

3.  TU deleted. EX verified

4.  Sent special letter from Fused to CA

5.  CA sent me letter with first date reported to CRA, amount due, and interest amount.  They also indicated that they sent my letter to their legal dept. (I'm still having nightmares about that part).

6.  Sent EX Fused's 2nd letter saying that CA didn't send me any info (since they hadn't by the time I had CMRR'd EX for the 2nd time).

7.  Just got the RR back for 2nd EX mailing.

At this point, should I PFD the CA?  I haven't heard anything else from them.  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do at this point.  Could someone let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by want2b_800s on 10-07-2008 07:16 PM
Message Edited by want2b_800s on 10-07-2008 07:17 PM
Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Re: HIPAA EXPERT -- HAPPY DAYS? FUSED?

5. CA sent me letter with first date reported to CRA, amount due,
and interest amount. They also indicated that they sent my letter to
their legal dept. (I'm still having nightmares about that part).

6. Sent TU Fused's 2nd letter saying that CA didn't send me any info
(since they hadn't by the time I had CMRR'd TU for the 2nd time).

7. Just got the RR back for 2nd TU mailing.

At his point, should I PFD the CA? I haven't heard anything else from
them. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do at this point. Could
someone let me know?

Thanks in advance.

I believe you still want the info to come from the OC, not the CA. Re-read the HIPAA steps. You don't pay the CA. You don't pay the CA, only the OC. As to point 7, you have to wait for TU(not EX?) to update. Who did you send the second CRA letter to? You indicated that TU deleted on the first letter.
Message Edited by upinflagstaff on 10-07-2008 06:43 PM
Message 2 of 6
want2b_800s
Contributor

I thought I would send the letters to the OC too; however, Fused indicated that I needed to send to CA and NO contact with the OC since TU verified. 

I did exactly what Fused had indicated. 

Sorry...you're right, I meant EX.  I sent the second letter to EX.  I'm waiting to hear back from EX. 

Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
want2b_800s
Contributor

should I use Tuscani's PFD letter?  It sounds good. 

I just feel nervous doing nothing since the CA sent me the note with the date reported and the amount and interest due.  Or maybe I should wait until they send me something. 

I think it would be more difficult to send Tuscani's letter two months from now when they have proof that they mailed me the dates.  I don't know.  I would just like to be done with this HIPAA process.

Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

You send the HIPAA payment letter, not the standard PFD. Time for a breathe. I'm at a similar step to you as I just posted. I'm waiting for the expert advice on the correct next step as well.
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Wait for TU's reply. If they verify, do the following since the CA has validated. If paid, use insert "B".

Scenario #1: If the CRA verifies your unpaid (and in rare instances, paid ones too) med collection and the reporting CA provides a complete and accurate validation of the account, send the HIPAA letter to the OC CMRRR. Use  insert A and pay with a cashier’s check and use the restrictive endorsement on the back of the check, for deposit only into the account of Dr. XXXXX  XXXXX or the Hospital Name) and send it CMRRR. If paid, use insert B.

HIPAA LETTER TO THE OC

Send the first letter to the OC, once you receive the green card, send follow-up dispute letter below to the CRA’s CMRRR.

FOLLOW-UP DISPUTE LETTER TO THE CRA

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.