Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPAA Halted!

tag
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

HIPAA Halted!

Greetings, I've been working on my credit repair and reading posts on the forum for about 15 months.
The repair has been going well and I've been lucky with some of the removals. But I'm kind of stumped right now and could really use some solid advice with a question regarding the removal of a medical collection using the HIPAA process. (Hope we can discuss that here.)

I'll keep this brief and state just the facts.

I have a 2 year old medical collection with Escallate for $637. The original creditor is St. Rose Dominican Hospital.

During my credit repair process I received a letter from Escallate about the account so I sent a DV letter to which they responded with proper validation.

After I received validation I sent (on 3 separate occasions)PDF letters offering full payment. About 4 months ago they contacted me by phone and said they'd be willing to accept my PDF but did not want to put it in writing. They were pretty firm on that, and would not budge.

Quite frankly, I didn't trust them and didn't go through with it.

A few months later I became aware of the HIPAA process and thought that would be the best way to go, however about 2 months ago the collection has vanished from ALL 3 reports. I pull my reports at Myfico and Creditkeeper every month and it still has not returned.

How can I move forward with the HIPAA process if the collection is not even there?

I'm worried as my score continues to climb that this collection will resurface at the worst possible time. I'd like to diffuse this situation now before that happens. Any advice on how I should proceed?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, you guys are ALWAYS very helpful,

John
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Re: HIPAA Halted!

Honestly I think anything you do right now could cause the collection to be put back on your CR. I don't think I'd risk poking the bear.

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: HIPAA Halted!

I definitely wouldn't do a single then - except have the money available for a PFD if it does show up again.  Fingers crossed it doesn't.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.