Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPAA Question

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HIPAA Question

@kcc wrote:

Just courious but if HIPPA process is a legimate way to remove paid medical bills why is it a legal problem to discuss it?

It is an absolutely legitimate tactic for removing medical collections. The reason we can't discuss HIPAA as we might like is someone from another credit-related forum claimed that we were using their information in an unauthorized manner.

And that's all I can say about it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 21
kcc
Established Member

Thanks for the reply. I think I know the forum you are refering to.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@kcc wrote:

Just courious but if HIPPA process is a legimate way to remove paid medical bills why is it a legal problem to discuss it?

It is an absolutely legitimate tactic for removing medical collections. The reason we can't discuss HIPAA as we might like is someone from another credit-related forum claimed that we were using their information in an unauthorized manner.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I have found the reason and I found it pretty interesting! What is unclear to me is if the pre-HIPPA letter is sent to the CRA or the CA? Can someone PM that answer if you do not want to answer publicly. The "official" site left me still wondering. I've already paid the accounts to the CA.

Message 13 of 21
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@kcc wrote:

From a BK years ago to:

I have found the reason and I found it pretty interesting! What is unclear to me is if the pre-HIPPA letter is sent to the CRA or the CA? Can someone PM that answer if you do not want to answer publicly. The "official" site left me still wondering. I've already paid the accounts to the CA.

Send it to the CA and if they don't remove it you can sue them under HIPPA law ...be sure to let them know they are breaking serious laws !

If you want it done faster send it to the CRA but make sure you outline the HIPPA laws that the CA is violating and if

not removed you will include them in the lawsuit..

Message 14 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Bluerain wrote:

Send it to the CA and if they don't remove it you can sue them under HIPPA law ...be sure to let them know they are breaking serious laws !

If you want it done faster send it to the CRA but make sure you outline the HIPPA laws that the CA is violating and if

Remember though that this will only work if the OC has already been paid. If the CA has been paid then all you can do is GW the CA.

BTW it's spelled HIPAA not HIPPA.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 15 of 21
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Bluerain wrote:

Remember though that this will only work if the OC has already been paid. If the CA has been paid then all you can do is GW the CA.

BTW it's spelled HIPAA not HIPPA.

From a BK years ago to:

Yes I'm aware it has to be paid..Hippa Hippa Hooray !

CA don't really respond to GW and if they do they take forever from what I

been reading on other boards...So give them their own medicine ( Threaten Lawsuit ) when they break the laws !

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am confused! I am still not sure who I send the pre-letter to.

I paid the CA and not the OC.

Do I send the pre-letter to the CA or the CRA or both?

If I understand Bluerain interpretation, it is the latter.

PLEASE HELP! All I have are medical collections that I need to get off of my CR. Thank you in advance!

Message 17 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am confused! I am still not sure who I send the pre-letter to.

I paid the CA and not the OC.

Do I send the pre-letter to the CA or the CRA or both?

If I understand Bluerain interpretation, it is the latter.

PLEASE HELP! All I have are medical collections that I need to get off of my CR. Thank you in advance!

Since you paid the CA the HIPAA process no longer applies. You'll have to deal directly with the CA. At this point the CRA has no involvement.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it! Im all clear!

Message 19 of 21
SASD

Hello - I hope I'm posting this correctly.  I need a specific answer for an issue.  I have been able to take off all but one medical collection account on my credit report. .  I have contacted the medical office directly, but they are refusing to recall it from CA after PIF. (I have not yet paid it)

* $69 for a 11/29/10 medical procedure.  This is the balance after my insurance paid.  It  has been reporting by CA since 5/2011, and is now closed.  SOL in TX is 4 years.

I am looking for  a mortgage and need this off asap.    What I would like to do is go into the medical provider office, pay for the bill in full, and get a reciept and a printout of what the charges were for.

I will then file a dispute requesting confimation that the collection item is mine.  Since it has been paid, and therefore can no longer be reported, and the collection agency does not have a right to my medical records, will it not then have to be deleted from my credit report.?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.