Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPAA medical collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIPAA medical collection

Hello,

I've searched but am unable to find the thread detailing the HIPAA process. Can anyone PM or post the link?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HIPAA medical collection

There is no link at this time. You can ask question in here and someone will answer if they can.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, no questions about it really.  I'm just trying to get an understanding and learn the steps of the process.  I guess I'll try googling.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a $141 unpaid collection.  The medical service was provided by Doctors on Duty.  I assumed that my medical insurance had covered the cost, however I was unaware that I had to get a referral by my school (university insurance).  The account is still currently unpaid, however I'd like to pay it in full.  With accrued interest the total comes out to $179.

If I pay the collection agency in full, would I be able to go through the HIPAA proces so that the derog is removed?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Allenalexander,

Do not under any circumstances deal with the collection agency.  Check your PM and I have sent you the link to the Hippa Process.  If you need anything else let me know.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first step in the process is to opt-out with the CRAs.  IMO everyone should opt-out even if the collection is not medical. This way the CRAs can not farm out your info.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.