Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPPA Removal Issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIPPA Removal Issue

I followed the HIPPA removal process and sent my original health provider letting them know the collection had been paid and that since it was paid it was no longer legal to keep it on my credit report and to contact the CA to have it removed.  I just pulled my report and the CA did not delete it but the account now reads: collection agency "180yc0000", the original balance is listed and the current balance reads $0, date assigned, date reported, and date reported are listed but everything else is listed as "Not Reported".  Is this legal or can I write the health care provider and demand to have it removed?  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HIPPA Removal Issue

MyFICO reports will often mask info if the debt is medical-related. Pull your corresponding report directly from the CRA and you'll find all the info you are looking for. BTW, you can get all three reports for free once a year via annualcreditreport.com and you can also get them for free if recently denied for credit or experienced an AA on an account (e.g. ratejack, CLD, etc.).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.