cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPPA & paid medical bill

tag
sandez

HIPPA & paid medical bill

I had a medical bill that was supposed to be paid by my military insurance (Tricare).  A little over year after the bill was incurred (Aug 2007), I figured out Tricare was just NEVER going to pay it, so I did (Feb 2009).  At that point, it was at a collector, so I just paid them (the creditor).

Now, my credit report shows the collection (Agency), and that the debt was paid.

My questions:

(1) do I still have any options to ge this removed from my credit report under the HIPPA laws, even though I paid the Collection Agency, not the creditor?

(1.5) or do I only have the 'dispute' and hope they don't write back option?

(2) will I get a second chance if I just make payment directly to the medical office? (essentially, pay the debt twice) ?

(3) I've seen many posts on the first 3 basic steps for the HIPPA process, but I can't find an active link the the pre-hippa dispute letter..... can anyone help me find an active link please???

Thanks

Message Edited by sandez on 11-09-2009 02:17 PM

Starting Scores Jul 2015: 620, 605, 605
Got Serious in Dec 2017: TU 600. EQ 628.
EQ went max 636 in Jan 18, 629 Sep 18, and dropped to 608 with a Charge Off report in Oct 18 Score Settled, hoping to PIF & see thow that affects score
First Goal Score (Feb 2019): both consistantly above 640
End Goal: No Debt except mortgage. No Credit except for CC used for perks.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.