cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPPA sent pfd to CA but they said no basically....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIPPA sent pfd to CA but they said no basically....

So I sent a real good letter to CA for 4 medical bills I have, I used the PFD letter they have on this website. I didnt really know about HIPPA way. The response I got was 4 different letter's in the same envelope, saying...

RE: (hospitals name is here)

Patient: Me

Account: *&7654

D.O.S.: 07/12/2007

Balance: 75.

Dear Mrs. Ruth

We represent the above refrenced client in collection services for the refrenced account. We will report this as a paid collection account upon reciept of payment in full.

Please mail your payment to:

Health Care Coll

(insert address here)

Cordially,

(signed in pen here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that was my response and they sent all 4 the same way int he same envelope.

Any ideas?

Would this letter work for the admitance to knowing about the medical debt for HIPPA or send another, and dispute it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HIPPA sent pfd to CA but they said no basically....

This is not good! Just so you know, its never a good idea to offer a PFD with a CA on a med collection. Depending on how you worded your PFD letter, you might have lost your protection under HIPAA. How old are these collections (DOFD??)? Have you tried paying the OC? Can you afford to PIF if you have to?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

1-3 years old, and I could easily PIF, all 4 total about 340.

I worded it exactally like the PFD is worded on website, the sample one, just changed what needed to be chamnges as in names address etc.

Forgot to add that i did try to pay OC, but I did not try hard... Can't I send them a check with a certified letter stating its for my accounts and only payable to them not an outside agency... I have abest friend thats a notary to if that helps at all...

Man one step forward I would love to say, but I have yet to get that forward motion...

Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You have two choices, although I prefer the second of the two.

1.) Get the OC to accept PIF, then proceed with the HIPAA letter process once the collections are reporting $0 balances on all of your reports

2.) Start the HIPAA process now. Going this route, the process ALWAYS begins by sending the CRAs the "pre-HIPAA dispute letter". Google the "HIPAA letter process" or the "HIPAA letter program". You'll find the letters you'll need and the order in which to send them off. (This option is what I always recommend) Good Luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.