cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HONDA Financial GW letter (Not really a success)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HONDA Financial GW letter (Not really a success)

I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join because a few months ago I decided to fix my credit and have been making pretty good advances so far. 

So I sent my first ever GW letter last week to HFS for the removal of two 30 day lates, I didn't think it would work but lo and behold, I got a call today from their HQ.

The first LP is actually a "mistake", since I had the money on my account the whole time and it was never debited, HONDA blames my bank, my bank says there is no transaction on that date for any amount, therefore it's impossible that they're liable because there was no denied transaction at all. They fail to realize that while they blame each other I'm the one being affected. I attached my full bank statement with daily balance with the letter but they said even if I had the money "they didn't receive it on time" so the report is "accurate". Technically it is, I just think it's extremely unfair. 

The second one is an actual late payment (paid on the 30th day, got reported to CRAs). 

The guy was super nice and tried to explain to me that it's "illegal" for them to fail to report accurately to CRAs therefore these can't be removed. I tried to convince him and felt like he was on the verge of saying "yes" but in the end he kept saying it was not possible, probably felt sorry. He kept trying to assure me two 30-day late payments won't have a lasting effect on my CR, even though I know both of his statements are false. 1. They DO indeed remove lates as goodwill adjustments (es evidenced by other success stories on these forums) 2. Even a single late payment will turn my auto loan into a negative account even if I do the next 60 payments on time. 

In the end he said he might be able to work on the first one (issue with the bank) if I get him a letter from the bank saying it was their fault or at least saying "something" he might be able to use. Gave me direct contact number and told me to call when I have the info. 

What should I do? Any advice/help would be appreciated. 

I already joined auto payments and will make sure this never happens again. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.