Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW CAN I HANDLE THIS COLLECTOR

tag
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

HOW CAN I HANDLE THIS COLLECTOR

I never rec'd a bill from the hospital, but I rec'd a bill from the collection agency. I am right at my 30 days to request validation, however I need to appeal this with the insurance company.  Im afraid that if i contact the collectors about this bill they will try to accelerate all collection efforts.  I tried to contact the hospital to advise that I never recieved the bill, but of course they dont want to hear that.  What can I do in the meantime while im trying to appeal this, do i advise the collector?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW CAN I HANDLE THIS COLLECTOR

Your situation is two fold.

Apparently you feel as if your insurance should have covered this bill but they dropped the ball.  Using this reason for a dispute is not going to help you with the ca or the hospital in any way shape or form.  What your insurance is supposed to cover is between you and your insurer and is not thier problem.  By no means are they in any violations ... you can dv them but it can/will come back validated and from there were do you go pretty much nowhere.

You need to speak to your insurance about your coverage and gather what you can in regards to the scope of your policy.  Because this can be solved one of two ways.

You pay the unpaid bill   or

You convince your health insurer that they are responsible for the unpaid bill

Duking it out with a collection agency is not gonna get ya anywhere.

You can see if you fall under the requirements of financial aid with the hospital but i really put alot of time and energy into option 2 which I've have done in the past to reap the rewards of them coming thru and flipping the bill.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.