cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET APPROVED FOR NFCU CC??

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET APPROVED FOR NFCU CC??

@tanichola wrote:

I just received notification of my approval status for CC. I had applied for both the cash rewards visa and another (I can't remember which one). I was approved for both of them with a CL of $1500 each one. I am happy that I've been approved but am thinking that I will ask them for recon on limits per secured messaging. My income is definitly there to support a much larger limit. 

Do any of you know if they do another hard pull when you ask for a recon for limit?

I am pretty sure that they will.....at least one.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 26
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 22 of 26
starry1
Valued Contributor

NFCU takes FOREVER to send your card!  They send all kinds of mail first about the card, but its never the dang card.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 23 of 26
tanichola

Ok. So I decided to request increases in limits on the two new cards that were approved this morning. (nRewards and cashRewards). I sent messages to NFCU via secured messaging explaining my scores, my annual income (which supports a much higher limit) and my rationale for requests. I kind of made it a letter of explanation for my lower scores and also asked them not to pull any hard hits on my score, especially since they had hit me twice in last few days. Stated that I was in process of improving score and these pulls have a negative impact. Hoping they will take this into consideration. 

I will repost once they have replied with a denial or approval of my request. If they approve and do not pull again, it might be worthy of others to send them a message like I did explaining the impact of these pulls and also offer explanations of low scores, if any.

Message 24 of 26
tanichola

I received my cards in the mail promptly. They DID reconsider for increasing the limit but refused to do so. Regardless, they did approve the two. I have since applied for a 3 rd one. Will let you know if I get that, as my score has improved since then.

Message 25 of 26
Scupra
Super Contributor

@tanichola wrote:

I received my cards in the mail promptly. They DID reconsider for increasing the limit but refused to do so. Regardless, they did approve the two. I have since applied for a 3 rd one. Will let you know if I get that, as my score has improved since then.

Good luck on the 3rd app! Just sit tight with the cards, use them right and you will have some higher limit cards in no time!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.