Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG FOR SECURED CARD???!

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

HOW LONG FOR SECURED CARD???!

I posted this over in the CC forum, but I think all the grown up CC holders have far more to concern themselves with than my secured card question-LOL

I applied back in December, yea...DECEMBER and have not gotten my card yet!

Whenever I call they always say its still processing. I sent the deposit and everything- they havent cashed it so Im not worried about them trying to swindle me out of my little $200, but really- DOES IT USUALLY TAKE SO LONG???!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW LONG FOR SECURED CARD???!

Oh, the card is Orchard Bank

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 2 of 80
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I have seen it on the forum where people report certain banks taking 2 - 3 months.... the worst thing to happen is that they return your money or deny you.... You can try to call and have them rush it or something? I am not sure that there is a backdoor number in the backdoor phone number or not...   couldnt hurt to try thoughl. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO RECIEVE YOUR SECURED CC?!

I have found EVERYTHING about establishing credit to be the slowest experience of my life!  When we applied for our first secured CC, it took 2 months to get it, then -- although the inquiries were posted on our CRs in the twinkling of an eye, the posting of the actual account took another two months. In the meantime of those months, we applied for 2 other secured CCs and they also took FOREVER to show up in the mail and then report. Also, when making the payments -- THAT also took a long time to post, and then, holds were placed before the credit line was freed up for ongoing use of the card.  It has been one frustration after the other!

The ONLY thing "fast" in this whole process is the inquiries.  If everything else could happen at the speed of an inquiry -- we could get on with life couldn't we? Smiley Very Happy  

Message 4 of 80
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Ben..I will try that!

Message 5 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do know with Orchard Bank they usually keep the funds for 14 days (business) after they deposit it to make sure the funds don't come back NSF or something...that still seems excessive, is there a number you could call and speak to a real person??

Message 6 of 80
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Ive actually been calling and speaking to live people, they tell me its still processing-LOL!

I have found the backdoor number, now what is it that I say? Can I just ask them to put a rush on things?

I really wanted it to be reporting before I go in for my car loan man! Had I known it takes this long I would have applied last summer!

Message 7 of 80
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO RECIEVE YOUR SECURED CC?!

Oh my!!! So waiting isnt whats going to pee me off the most? LOL

I really wanted this line of credit reporting before I went for a car loan, but I guess it may not work out that way...ce la vieSmiley Sad

Message 8 of 80
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

yes, dont be rude, but ask them to escalate it.... couldnt hurt.... just explain to them that this has taken exceptionally longer then expecte.d

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 9 of 80
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Yes, never rude...I know I need them to do me a favor! I will tell them I love them and tuck them in with a goodnight kiss if i hafta!

Message 10 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.