Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG FOR SECURED CARD???!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW LONG FOR SECURED CARD???!

Hi, 

Did you have to print out your application and mail it in? I do, another step to make the process even longer for me. I need something like this on my credit report, even if it's only $200. Is $200 going to help your credit (and mine too)?

Also when it says to have a $30 balance but pay it back before they report to the credit bearues that means spend only $30 or spend $170?

Good luck getting your card!

I'm very nervous that since I had to print mine out and send it in that I'll be denied, it says you either receive a kit or a letter back .. eeek!  

Message 11 of 80
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

The issue is NOT the amount, and i wouldnt recomend eve n 30, i would recomend using it, but before the bill is due, pay it to like 5 dollars......

Its the trade line that helps your credit, not the amount on the trade line....

Think of it like this, if you finance a house, it doesnt matter whether it is 1.2million or 120k, it helps your credit score exactly the same

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 12 of 80
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

HHG,

I sent mine out in the mail too- dont worry, I got the "welcome kit" aka "the letter"...but that apparently doesnt mean anything-LOL

I think for those of us just starting out, paying th balance in FULL each month is important. Also, less that 10% is what I plan on using it for. So no more than $20 bucks each cycle. Thats fine by me, this isnt a means of survival, its a way to build credit. It will help our credit tremendously girl! Especially if youve never had a CC, which I havent...and Im 30! Smiley Embarassed

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 13 of 80
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO RECIEVE YOUR SECURED CC?!

@currentlywinning wrote:

I am in the process of buiding my credit and applied for an Orchard bank card back in DECEMBER!!!

I have been calling weekly to see the status of my application and was told today to be on the lookout for a confirmation from them.

They have had my deposit check since December and have not cashed it or anything but MY GOODNESS how long does it take???!!!!

Why not go though Cap1?? They are alot quicker about it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha it's okay, I went credit card crazy when I was about 20 and had NO job! Was a student.. no income. I didn't even know how a credit card works. I thought you just got $300 a month to spend and then every month it magically refilled lol .. 

My boyfriend (husband now) was like.. what are you doing, you're a mad woman, stoppp lol. I had 7 of them lol .. only $300 each but I maxed them all out and paid off all their balances a few years later but they are still on my credit report as 'charge-off's' .. 'paid' .. still, I hope they agree to remove themselves! 

The worse part was while I was online going credit card crazy we had dial-up at the time, and his boss had been trying to call all night (he worked at an Arena) to tell us the Foo Fighters were going bowling down the street and invited us to go with. Because I couldn't stop applying for cards and then spending them that night we missed the calls hahahaa. 

Anyway, hopefully they send your card to you very soon and you see a nice bump in your credit score Smiley Happy 

The simulator showed mine would either stay the sime or raise up to 20 points. I wouldn't mind if it went up 20 points woohoo 

Message 15 of 80
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

I would try for another card, but Orchard already has my check! I dont play those games, I need to see results! LOL. Either a card or my check returned...uncashed and unharmed...

HHG, was hubby mad you guys missed The Foo Fighters??? LOL - that is HILARIOUS!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 16 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes he was mad! He would remind me once in a while how I made him miss meeting the Foo Fighters because of going credit card crazy lol .. I kinda kick myself for it too, could have met Dave Grohl and maybe wouldn't be in this mess. Having to wait over a month for an Orchard Bank Secured card haha. I looked on my application and it says once you send in the check it could be another 30 days to process that and receive your card. 

Message 17 of 80
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

The guy I spoke to today told me give it to the end of next week...we shall see! I will just be glad to know that my check isnt floating God knows where-LOL

DH is a good guy...he married you even after all that LOL!Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know what you mean! They wouldn't let you pay the money online or over the phone with a bank card? You had to send a check?

Message 19 of 80
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

OMG I am having the same problem, lol!! I applied for 3 credit cards, 2 secured, 1 not. a month ago! and I still have not received them I have called 5 times, its really ridiculous!

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.