Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW TO HANDLE MEDICAL COLLECTIONS

This is really awesome info .Smiley Happy
Message 31 of 46
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

happy days...or anyone!

i have 4 accounts with the CA SENEX. I contacted them a few months ago and set up a payment plan for only 3 months.(60 month, which i paid) they said they would contact me in July. BUT since then I have been in contact with the original source (hospital) and is willing to work with me and is being my mediator w/ the CA. He said to forward any calls i get from CA to him. He is working on a 'settlement' w/ the CA. I asked him to please pull it from them but he said he can't. BUT they would work w/ him easier as far as a settlement. WHAT DO I DO? DO I SENd THE HIPPA LETTER TO THE HOSPITAL? I want to make sure the CA will take this off my report after paid. BUt who would I send a letter requesting this once payment is complete? Because only the CA is reporting. BUT i'm suppose to have no contact with them, but I need some sort of agreement before I pay this off completely. THE oc said the Ca will take it off...but i don't want verbal. Please HElp!!
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

*sighs* I am sooooo confused right now! lol ok I have three medical accounts reporting as collections on my report. Two are from 2004 and one from 2006. All three have been sent to a collection agency which has the oc name listed with it on my report. Violation right? I called all three original creditors for the balances and none match the balances on my credit report. On my report the balances are: 1. $545, 2. $474, 3. $1,366. The balances when I called were 1. $540, 2. $720, 3. $1,365.64. As you can see #2 on my report is way less than the #2 oc balance. I'm so confused and I've been reading but not sure what I should do. At the present time, I'd be in a pinch if I paid them all in full. So I don't think the HIPPA process is for me. They have not sent me bills in a few months, so is a DV still an option? Help!!

Message Edited by CeRTifiEDNuT on 10-17-2008 03:43 PM
Message Edited by CeRTifiEDNuT on 10-17-2008 03:46 PM
Message 33 of 46
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Start the hippa process!  Only on the ones you can afford to take care of now.  If you can only do one at a time, fine, if you can do the 2 smaller ones, do them.  It doesn't matter (in the beginning) if they are paid, unpaid, yours or not yours.  The hippa process is strict and you have to start there no matter what.  Send the pre hippa letter to the CRA's first, you have to do that step.
Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok veee thanks! So don't send anything to the oc? CRA.... you mean TU, EX, EQ? And what about the balances not being the same? I'm going over to the hippa posts to read up!
Message 35 of 46
Veee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok veee thanks! So don't send anything to the oc? Not yet, wait for reply back from CRA's. CRA.... you mean TU, EX, EQ? Yes And what about the balances not being the same? Hopefully someone with better knowledge will chime in here as I'm not sure, but I do know that regardless you have to start with the pre-hippa letter. I'm going over to the hippa posts to read up! GL

Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again. Well, I read that I should correct any personal info that is incorrect on my reports and found out that there was an incorrect ss number being reported. WTH?! Anyways, I'm gonna continue to finish up with that and then move on to the next part. lol I'll keep you guys posted. BTW I appreciate the quick response! Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

butterfly...............do not have any contact with the CA!!!!!!   If you can not PIF....make payments to the OC...........Be sure to PAY TO THE ORDER OF  the OC........turn the check over and use the complete restrictive endorsment........for deposit only into the account of  name of the OC!!!!!!  Do this on every check that you send!

Each account is separate......write the account # on each check........do not combind them!

You do not need to use the HIPAA process untill the account is PIF.

When the account is PIF  then start the HIPAA process

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-17-2008 12:12 PM
Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-17-2008 12:13 PM
Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

CertifiED........take 1 bill at a time!!!  each is separate......if you can PIF 1 account do so. Be sure to put only 1 account # on the payment!!!

If you can not PIF any accounts.....start by making payments on 1 account & when PIF.....move on to the next one!!   Do this until all accounts are PIF.

Be sure to make all payments payable to the OC and use the complete restrictive endorsment!!!

You can start the HIPAA process as you pay each off. 1 at a time

To get the correct amount owed....call the OC and ask. You pay what the OC says is due.....not what is reported

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-17-2008 12:21 PM
Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays plz help!

I am sorry to be so confused, but I  need help.  I have two paid medical collections from 2002.  One on TU and one on EQ.  I was told to 'follow the Hippa process' to get them deleted. But I do not understand what to do.  Shall I write the Credit agencies and ask them to delete it or what?  I am usually a pretty quick study but I am utterly lost here... please help! 

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.