Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO SUE EQUIFAX?

tag
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

HOW TO SUE EQUIFAX?

HOW CAN I SUE EQUIFAX FOR FAILING TO REMOVE SOMETHING DUE TO FRAUD. 

12/23 Fico Score 8 TU-761 EX -747 EQ-734
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW TO SUE EQUIFAX?

Contact an FCRA lawyer in your area.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

File a statement of claims at your district court. They or an attorney representing them will have to show up for court. State your claim and Sue them if they are breaking the law. It will be expensive for them. Put your number on your small claims paper work. They will most likely call you and get it worked out,

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Contact the office of the clerk of the court for instructions on how to file your own civil action in small claims court.

They will provide instructions and any necessary forms.

At trial, you must provide proofs that you submitted each of the requried items of information set forth in FCRA 605B(a), and that the CRAs lack of block of the information was not properly supported by one of the permitted reasons set forth under FCRA 605B(c).

Did you fully comply with section 650B(a), and did the CRA provide a legitmate reason for their denial that is a permissible reasons set forth under section 605B(c)?

Message 4 of 5
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Back in the day I had a HUGE issue with them failing to remove a foreclosure off my report, I was on it at the time for months and months and they would not correct it .  Finally I ended up filing a complaint with the FTC and it was removed within 2 weeks.  Not sure how or why but that was free for me, filing a lawsuit will cost you (of course if you prevail may be able to collect attorneys fees).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.