Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC BANK closed card and sold to Portfolio. Reporting as positive item

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC BANK closed card and sold to Portfolio. Reporting as positive item

Hello.

If I ever get a manual review my goose is cooked because for intant approval Experian
tells me this isnt an issue but I will eventually need a car loan and such. Experian tells
me that this stays 10 years because its not a negative item.

Please help? PS The associated portfolio item dropped after being past 7 years.

HSBC BANK

Account Number
526835000569XXXX
Account Type
Credit Card
Terms
Revolving
Date Opened
10/01/2007
Account Status
Closed
Payment Status
Paid
Payment Status Details
Credit line closed
Status Updated
04/01/2009
Balance
-
Balance Updated
-
Credit Limit
-
Past Due Amount
-
High Balance
$575.00
Monthly Payment
-
Balloon Payment
-
Contact Phone
(888) 385-8916
Contact Address
PO BOX 9, BUFFALO, NY 14240
Ownership
Individual
Original Creditor
-
Company Sold-to
PORTFOLIO RECOVRY
Original Amount
-

Sorry Gale I saw your other thread but Experian INSISTS there is nothing that can be done.

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Apr 2019.

I talked to very helpful ppl there who checked with their super.

Should I call HSBC bank to ask them to remove the comment?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC BANK closed card and sold to Portfolio. Reporting as positive item

If the scenario is that this is an OC account that was sold while in good-standing, then it has no credit report exclusion of adverse information reported by the creditor.

The ten year period after account closure is an administrative deletion by the CRA as their internal housecleaing measure, and not a requirement under the FCRA.

The separate reporting by the new owner has no relevance upon the OC account.

Deletion of the new account may well have been a voluntary reporting of deletion by Portfolio Recovery, and not a CR exclusion done by the CRA.

I see no inaccuracy.  What in this reporting is a problem in a manual review....the fact that it identifies a debt that later became delinquent?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

quote Deletion of the new account may well have been a voluntary reporting of deletion by Portfolio Recovery, and not a CR exclusion done by the CRA.

reply - actually I called the CR and had them delete the portfolio account since it was past 7 years.

quote: I see no inaccuracy.  What in this reporting is a problem in a manual review....the fact that it identifies a debt that later became delinquent? 

reply - Yes. A manual reviewer would automatically know that "Sold to Portfolio" would raise a red flag .. no?

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

quote Deletion of the new account may well have been a voluntary reporting of deletion by Portfolio Recovery, and not a CR exclusion done by the CRA.

reply - actually I called the CR and had them delete the portfolio account since it was past 7 years.

quote: I see no inaccuracy.  What in this reporting is a problem in a manual review....the fact that it identifies a debt that later became delinquent? 

reply - Yes. A manual reviewer would automatically know that "Sold to Portfolio" would raise a red flag .. no?

Its possible a flag could be raised, what I would do is send a GW request to HSBC asking that the company the debt was sold to be removed, the rest of the reporting doesnt have any negative connotations at all.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall do that. A GW letter, and no a call right?

@gdale6 wrote:

Its possible a flag could be raised, what I would do is send a GW request to HSBC asking that the company the debt was sold to be removed, the rest of the reporting doesnt have any negative connotations at all.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I shall do that. A GW letter, and no a call right?

@gdale6 wrote:

Its personal preference. I always prefer to have a paper trail and I also subscribe to old school rules that a written letter has more of a personal touch/impact than a phone call or email. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.