Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Bank Help Needed!!!!!!!

tag
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

HSBC Bank Help Needed!!!!!!!

I desperately need some guidance folks!! Smiley Happy

I have a $300 account with HSBC showing on my CR.  It shows as "charged off", with a high limit of $349, and a $0 balance.

Yet... and here's the kicker.... IT'S NOT MINE!  I have disputed this with all three credit bureaus, multiple times.  And every time they keep coming back with some type of "verification".   Now, here's the part that just irks me to no end....

I called them, 10 days ago, because I got sick of getting jerked around.  They tell me that they have to "investigate" it, and it will take 7 days and someone will "get back to me".... well, big surprise, no one got back to me!  So I called back again today... only to be told that they have to "investigate it" and it will take 7 days and someone will "get back to me"....  I told her that the account is not mine, that I have never paid a dime on it, and have received NO correspondence from them.  And that I called THEM 10 days prior and just wanted a status on my already open "investigation". 

I got the run around yet again.  There's no one for me to talk to, this is "the only process" and "someone will get back to me in 7 days"  !!!!!!  AHHHHHHHHH

++++++I CANNOT file a Fraud claim right now++++++++ so please don't suggest that.  I am in the process of building a home, and a fraud claim would hit my CR and make the loan impossible to close.

Does anyone have a backdoor # for these folks that can get me past their scripted and useless service desk?  HELP! Smiley Happy

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC Bank Help Needed!!!!!!!

We have a problem here.  First off, there is a system in place and that would be filing a fraud affadavit and sending that in.  I had the same problem when I was purchasing, I filed a police report, sent it and the fraud affadavit in and poof, it was gone.  But you say you don't want to go that route.  

By saying that, then they will investigate, see there is an account with your name on it, and that's the end of the investigation.  You just can't say,  NOT MINE, and expect them to believe you.  You will need something to back that up.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 16
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

so how did you get around it while you were purchasing?  My loan officer told me NOT to file a fraud affadavit, as it will flag all three credit reports, and will make the loan impossible to close.

Again, I feel like my hands are tied with this one.  At least if there was SOMEONE there that I could speak to, who could actually speak, without a script, that might be a start.  However, I'm somewhat stuck.

It's not imperative that I get this off NOW.... I'm just trying to do whatever I can do to get it resolved, and quickly.  If I have to wait until the house loan closes and then file a fraud affadavit, then I will.... I can't chance having the loan denied at the last minute because my CR has been flagged for fraud Smiley Sad 

Ugh, I feel helpless....

Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

These are your choices: 1. File a fraud claim; 2. Pay the bill. There are no other options, Fraud claims are necessary and are required in cased of ID Theft, this is so no one can just say its not mine and burn the bank.

Message 4 of 16
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

Here's the deal, there's a zero balance on the account as it shows on all of my credit reports!!  And the 81 month history, shows all payments made!  Yet, they show the account as a Charge Off.... and I know for a fact that this is not mine.  So there's nothing I can do at this point.  There's nothing to pay!!

It's all very strange, and honestly, if I wasn't in the middle of building my house, I'd have my butt down to the PD and file a report. 

So if I'm reading all of this correctly, I just need to suck it up and accept that I'm stuck motionless with this until I close on the new house and can file a Fraud Affidavit?

That's just stinky!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Barneygirl wrote:

Here's the deal, there's a zero balance on the account as it shows on all of my credit reports!!  And the 81 month history, shows all payments made!  Yet, they show the account as a Charge Off.... and I know for a fact that this is not mine.  So there's nothing I can do at this point.  There's nothing to pay!!

It's all very strange, and honestly, if I wasn't in the middle of building my house, I'd have my butt down to the PD and file a report. 

So if I'm reading all of this correctly, I just need to suck it up and accept that I'm stuck motionless with this until I close on the new house and can file a Fraud Affidavit?

That's just stinky!! Smiley Happy

Ok if its a 0 balance then you have nothing to worry about, just get your home loan closed then go after the CO by filing the fraud affidavit.

Message 6 of 16
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, it won't keep me from getting the loan, but it IS impacting my credit score, which (while not the only reason) impacts my interest rate.

If I have to suck it up and leave it until I close, I will Smiley Happy  I think its moreso the fact that when I called both times, there appears to be "no one" to talk to, other than the scripted off-shore service representative who can only tell you "our process is to open an investigation".... even though you already did that Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Barneygirl wrote:

Yeah, it won't keep me from getting the loan, but it IS impacting my credit score, which (while not the only reason) impacts my interest rate.

If I have to suck it up and leave it until I close, I will Smiley Happy  I think its moreso the fact that when I called both times, there appears to be "no one" to talk to, other than the scripted off-shore service representative who can only tell you "our process is to open an investigation".... even though you already did that Smiley Happy

Yeah, that sounds about right.  That's why there's the process with the affadavit, they have to do something then.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 16
NY2014
Established Contributor

Hey BarneyGirl, Shogun , if you or anyone notice this reply .first Question if this is reported a fraudulent.affidavit, police report, I understand flagging your credit report but only to warn creditors to verify the applicants who's they say they are? It should not affect his loan or make it impossible for approval,if all would worry not to file a report when they are victims of identity theft ,but no punt intended it's like a lot of people have that same fear to file correct me if I'm wrong. But a loan officer telling someone don't file it will hurt there chances in qualifying or be punches for reporting your identity being compromised.? I'm having the same problem with HSBC sold it to a CA they got hostile very aggressive with me. And I don't bit into that .CA could not come up with validation. Claimed they did. Closed the account removed them self . HSBC sent a letter few days after very aggressive claimed they investigated and confirmed it belongs to me same as BarneyGirl . But I got 2 letters 2 days apart stating the same words different signed names to them .CRA has totally different dates on there letter..they ignored my affidavit but Ex deleted HSBC could one send sending a Validation to the CRA requesting to send documents how they validated . Because. I sent 21 documents and I strongly feel it's an unfair verification . I've learned never send any other than your name SS is this possible . I'm in the process to send EQ demanding they send me all documents how they validate my rights .
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 9 of 16
NY2014
Established Contributor

Just an added note :: I only questioned this because I'm in the same situation and looking at all options I hope Shogun or RobertEG can help But I strongly see only option what Shogun had suggested. For me HSBC gone hostile..I tried to find this account for over Six months and no one would respond directly so good luck. Until a CA shows up on your report.
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.