cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Best Buy - Capital One - DOFD Reported Inaccurate but Verified over and over again

tag
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

HSBC/Best Buy - Capital One - DOFD Reported Inaccurate but Verified over and over again

I have disputed the inaccurate reporting several times but it is still being verified as true and correct.  They are using the last time I paid which was a settlement payment instead of using the date that the account went delinquent.  Can I ask them to provide me with some records to show that date is true and correct?  What should I do if I truly believe the dates are incorrect?

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HSBC/Best Buy - Capital One - DOFD Reported Inaccurate but Verified over and over again

On your CR, is there a payment history showing when you first became delinquent and never brought the account current?

I have seen where one CRA, EQ in particular, does this.  I don't know why they do.  From my talking with another poster EQ actually told them that is how they do it.  It is not correct. 

It may not be the creditor but the CRAs since they are the ones that come up with a drop off date based on information provided by the creditor.

You can file a direct dispute with the creditor under FCRA 623(a)(8).

Message 2 of 8
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC/Best Buy - Capital One - DOFD Reported Inaccurate but Verified over and over again

Transunion - doesn't have a DOFD just shows date updated wih is the last payment date, date paid, and date closed.  Shows no payment history. account paid for less than full balance

Equifax - Shows no payment history consumer disputes after resolution account paid for less than full balance

Experian - used to say Charge Off as Sept 2006 and closed August 2007 but since my last dispute they changed it to say August 2007 account paid for less than full balance

Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)

Message 3 of 8
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

Will they have to provide me with my file if I send them a dispute directly under the FCRA 623 (a)(8)

Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You may need to pull directly from the CRAs to get that information.

What should the DoFD be and what is it reporting now?

Message 5 of 8
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

should be around September of 2006 or so but they are reporting it august 2008 when I settled the account

Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I sent you a PM with the direct dispute format.  If you have prior CRs showing the true DoFD or payment history, include those in your dispute.

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@esmer0924 wrote:

should be around September of 2006 or so but they are reporting it august 2008 when I settled the account

EQ is the only report that actually lists DOFD I believe. TU and EX show drop off dates. Does 8/2008 clearly show as the DOFD? (vs. date of first major delinquency, status date, reported date, date of last activity).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.