Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC CO - CA Deleted

tag
426MW
New Contributor

HSBC CO - CA Deleted

My first round of disputes went really well.  I had an MCM/Midland deleted from all 3 CRA's.  It was tied into a CO from an old HSBC card.  On my 3rd attempt to get this HSBC CO deleted or changed they stood firm and verified the debt and said they are reporting it correctly and no changes will be made.  I think I may have painted myself into a corner with this one.  Since HSBC is playing hardball am I stuck with this one or is there anything that can be done?  I'm busting my chops to get a deal done on a house and the VA lenders are looking at this with a raised brow.  I've considered a GW letter or an email to some high brass but I am also fighting another battle with Credit One which, if I'm reading correctly, are one of the same.

I know some folks had some success with getting the TL changed from CO to whatever and that is exactly what I would like to do.  This account is from the 08-09 era, I think that was pre merger or very close.

If you have any contact information for the brass at either Credit One or HSBC feel free to forward it.

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jess421
Contributor

Re: HSBC CO - CA Deleted

I havent had any success with get ahold of anyone at Credit One either. My debt was also validated (which it is valid).  However capitalone bought credit one and I now have capital one and credit one reporting the same charge off? I dont know if they can do this or not.  someone did pm me an email address for credit one but I have not had success with it.

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Message 2 of 7
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

HSBC is bad enough on it's own but Capital One and HSBC is probably my worst nightmare.  I have two old CO from both companies (now the same company).  Tried to dispute one because there was an unauthorized attempt to pull money from my checking account several years ago.  After the dispute, they updated the (wrong) account to say customer disputed and ever since then, I get Capital One mail offers on an almost daily basis.

If that isn't harrassment, I don't know what is.

Message 3 of 7
426MW
New Contributor

After some further research it appears that Credit One and HSBC have reaged my CO's.  I need to do more research on reaging right now......

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@426MW wrote:

After some further research it appears that Credit One and HSBC have reaged my CO's.  I need to do more research on reaging right now......

Are you sure DOFD changed? Do you have older report copies to back that up, or older statements? If they are from 2008-2009, then they can still report, or for another 2-3 years anyway as a negative.

Message 5 of 7
Jess421
Contributor

OMG I had the same issue!! They pulled money from my checking account without my authorization about 2 years ago! At the time I was unaware that I could dispute this with my bank and get it taken care of. 

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the charge-off was proper, the OC is under no obligation to delete its reporting.  Payment of the debt is unrelated to the fact that they took that prior accounting measure.

Any deletion on their part would be voluntary.

As an aside, I am kinda puzzled as to why the continued appearance in your CR is a significant issue with the lendor.

Regardless of whether deleted, they are now aware of its presence.  Are they saying they will forget about it simply because the creditor grants a GW deletion?

It's paid, and they know it was previously charged-off.  Sounds like a lot of administrative nothing to me.....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.