Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Capital One missing assumed deleted

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

HSBC/Capital One missing assumed deleted

So here's my situation,

In 2008 I defaulted on two HSBC accounts.  I settled both with a 3rd party collection agency in September 2012.  The collection agency deleted their collection account from all CRA's.  The two CO's remained on my CRA's showing transferred/sold balance zero.  I disputed both accounts with HSBC and Capital One last year.  Both accounts were verified by both HSBC and Capital One.  I then filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) after CRA's stated accounts were verified.  CFPB investigated and forwarded to me computer printouts showing the date when accounts were charged off.  Case closed for disputes/investigations.  I got an idea after reading some information on these forums.  I decided to see if Capital One would delete the accounts from CRA's if I paid the full balance (previously settled for less than full balance).  I contacted the Executive Offices of Capital One (they were previously familiar with my file due to CFPB) in late August 2013.  I made my sales pitch and the rep said that she would get back to me.  The woman called me back in early September and informed me that my account had been transferred back to HSBC and that she had forwarded my offer over to HSBC Executive Office and they would be contacting me.  HSBC has not contacted me to date.  Here's the shocker, I have daily monitoring service which I check daily.  Well today I checked and both HSBC/Capital One accounts are gone from Equifax and Transunion.  They both remain on Experian, but now say "Consumer dispute-reported by subscriber".  Is it possible that HSBC has granted my wish?  I don't want to call HSBC/Capital One to awake the giant if this wasn't their intended outcome.  Has anyone else with HSBC/Capital One experienced such a thing?  Any information would be helpful.  Thank you.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC/Capital One missing assumed deleted

Funny you mentioned this. I had a HSBC car loan that was closed back in 2010 never late. I just noticed that HSBC deleted their tradeline from my credit reports. 

Message 2 of 5
12njoy
Super Contributor

@DaBears,

Was the TL deleted from all three CRA's?  Mine is still showing on Experian which is weired because Experian has always seemed to be the first CRA to delete information promptly whereas Equifax seems to be the slowest.  I am just totally confused.  I'm not complaining because this is good news.  I just want them deleted from Experian too.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

from all 3. It's really weird. It was a positive trade line for me lol

Message 4 of 5
12njoy
Super Contributor

@DaBears,

Well you have to call them.  I won't call them because I don't want to awake he sleeping giant Smiley Happy

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.