Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Card - Need advice fast!

tag
aman31
New Contributor

HSBC Card - Need advice fast!

I have a Household Bank card in 2005. I let the card get several months behind and I was offered a settlement of $300 from HSBC, which I think was about half of my balance. Everything was fine until Nov 2008. They sold the account to Collections and it came back on my credit report. It is now showing on my report from both HSBC and Midland Collections. I called HSBC and they told me that the $300 was the last payment and I was wrong about the settlement. I dont really have anything in writing, except were I disputed the information on December 14, 2005. I have a letter from HSBC stating that they instructed all relevant credit reporting agencies to delete any reference to this Account.

I need to close on Home Equity loan to get a new roof on my house. This can't wait long. I've been told by the bank I'm approved if I can get this off my information as it is now dated Nov 2008, not 2005. What is the best action to take at this point.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC Card - Need advice fast!

@aman31 wrote:

I have a Household Bank card in 2005. I let the card get several months behind and I was offered a settlement of $300 from HSBC, which I think was about half of my balance. Everything was fine until Nov 2008.

They sold the account to Collections and it came back on my credit report. It is now showing on my report from both HSBC and Midland Collections. I called HSBC and they told me that the $300 was the last payment and I was wrong about the settlement. I dont really have anything in writing, except were I disputed the information on December 14, 2005.

I have a letter from HSBC stating that they instructed all relevant credit reporting agencies to delete any reference to this Account.   Was this letter sent after you paid the settlement???

I need to close on Home Equity loan to get a new roof on my house. This can't wait long. I've been told by the bank I'm approved if I can get this off my information as it is now dated Nov 2008, not 2005.  They can NOT legally re-age the debt.  That Nov 08 might be your "last update" or something like that.  Do you have your reports directly from the 3?  TU should give you the date this is expected to drop.

What is the best action to take at this point.

I know the pain you feel.  My HSBC just fell off this past week & I'm waiting for the Midland drop ...checking my reports every day.

I do wish you better luck than I had w/Midland.  My GW's got tossed in the trash. But...I wasn't as persistent as some here have been.  I just read where someone sent letters constantly, like a few per week!  Sent cards, jokes...etc.  Get creative!!! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 8
aman31
New Contributor

The letter is dated December 14, 2005. I made the settlement with them in Sept of 2005. I dont really have any other records. They have record of the $300 payment, but they are saying it was a payment not a settlement. I'm debating faxing the letter directly to Transunion.

I called Midland today. They will not remove the account with a statement showing a zero balance. I had to talk to the Legal Dept. Does that mean anything special?

Message 3 of 8
T50
Contributor

I too have a HSBC debt and a midland credit on my reports.  My question to anyone that can help is...  If I PIF the debt to Midland can I?  Or more like...  Would the PTD?  does that make sense?  I am in a situation where I will PIF the debt to midland but i was curious if anyone had, had them delete it from CR?  I am not so much worried about HSBC cause it's showing a 0 balance....  Any advice can/will help!! 

Thanks

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 565
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@aman31 wrote:

The letter is dated December 14, 2005. I made the settlement with them in Sept of 2005. I dont really have any other records. They have record of the $300 payment, but they are saying it was a payment not a settlement. I'm debating faxing the letter directly to Transunion.

I called Midland today. They will not remove the account with a statement showing a zero balance. I had to talk to the Legal Dept. Does that mean anything special?

You stated that: I have a letter from HSBC stating that they instructed all relevant credit reporting agencies to delete any reference to this Account.

If the letter states that the acct is to be deleted...fax that to the CRA's or copy & mail.  That letter should be sufficient!

Message 5 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@T50 wrote:

I too have a HSBC debt and a midland credit on my reports.  My question to anyone that can help is...  If I PIF the debt to Midland can I?  Or more like...  Would the PTD?  does that make sense?  I am in a situation where I will PIF the debt to midland but i was curious if anyone had, had them delete it from CR?  I am not so much worried about HSBC cause it's showing a 0 balance....  Any advice can/will help!! 

Thanks

Is HSBC showing as a CO??  Zero bal only menas they sold the debt.  Doesn't mean that acct is in good standing.  I'm guessing it's listed in your negative accts.
What is the DOFD on the OC???
Message 6 of 8
aman31
New Contributor

Bungalow,

Do I need to write a letter to see with the HSBC letter or fax it alone? I guess I am just scared to say the wrong thing. Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
T50
Contributor

HSBC is showing as a CO...  I figure there is not much I can do about that.  The report I have doesn't show the DOFD for the OC.  Would that possibly be the first date that Midland credit started reporting?

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 565
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.