Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Chargeoff, they sold the debt, but are still reporting it

tag
Zach76
Established Member

HSBC Chargeoff, they sold the debt, but are still reporting it

I have CO from HSBC that's about 5.5 years old, so very close to dropping off.  I've disputed this several times and it always comes back verified.  HSBC no longer owns the account, so the balance is $0.  Should I try a GW letter in order to get them to remove it?  How about a 623 letter?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC Chargeoff, they sold the debt, but are still reporting it

@Zach76 wrote:

I have CO from HSBC that's about 5.5 years old, so very close to dropping off.  I've disputed this several times and it always comes back verified.  HSBC no longer owns the account, so the balance is $0.  Should I try a GW letter in order to get them to remove it?  How about a 623 letter?

Even if sold, the OC can still report as a paid CO. Send GWs.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC Chargeoff, they sold the debt, but are still reporting it

+1

As for sending a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8), if a prior dispute has been made, any direct dispute could be dismissed without any investigation as being substantially the same as a prior dispute.  Is there any new basis for showing its inaccuracy?

Unless there is solid basis, it is apt to have the opposite effect of promoting ill-will.

Even though the OC no longer owns the debt, and thus is not involved with its payment, I would speculate that they probably wont be very receptive to a good-will deletion unless you have paid the debt.  A good point to be included in any good will request.

I would be more concerned with who now owns the debt, with the possibility of a new collection being reported.

Are you seeking to satisfy the debt?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.