Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Chargeoff

tag
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

HSBC Chargeoff

I'm hoping I can get some good advice here since I always end up w/ good takeaways from here I figured I'd get some advice.

In a nutshell, I had a card w/ HSBC that was charged off back in 2007.  I settled and paid the collections agency in 2010 or 2011 (not sure) and this has been on my CR as derogatory since 2007.  I've tried disputing it numerous times to get nowhere so I gave up and figured it would just fall off either this yr in 2014 or next in 2015.  I just checked my Transunion report and it fell off of their a few days ago however it is still showing on my equifax and experian reports.  This is the only derogartory item that I have on my CR so any advice that might get it off of EX and EQ would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC Chargeoff

I'm not as expert as some on here, but what I would do is dispute with the other two CRAs as obsolete. Clearly, if it's fallen off one, then the date is either reported inconsistently (a no-no for the creditor) or the CRAs are just administering differently. Either way, seems to bode well for getting it removed from the other two very quickly.  Good luck!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 2 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@lavencedora wrote:

I'm not as expert as some on here, but what I would do is dispute with the other two CRAs as obsolete. Clearly, if it's fallen off one, then the date is either reported inconsistently (a no-no for the creditor) or the CRAs are just administering differently. Either way, seems to bode well for getting it removed from the other two very quickly.  Good luck!

I disagree, don't dispute, there's no reason too, one of the CRAs just deleted a little early, it happens.  A dispute could mess the whole thing up and prolong the agony.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 7
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Listen to Shogun, not me.

Hmmm ... a lot of people have been saying that disputes prolong the agony. My experience has been good with CRAs doing pretty quick deletions for obsolete items or items with backup letters from creditors promissing deletion. So, I didn't really realize that this would do anything but expedite.  A couple of times, I have called the CRA, said I had a letter, faxed it to them and within the week it was done. 

Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@lavencedora wrote:

Listen to Shogun, not me.

Hmmm ... a lot of people have been saying that disputes prolong the agony. My experience has been good with CRAs doing pretty quick deletions for obsolete items or items with backup letters from creditors promissing deletion. So, I didn't really realize that this would do anything but expedite.  A couple of times, I have called the CRA, said I had a letter, faxed it to them and within the week it was done. 

You did a dispute while providing proof, such as the deletion promises and those that are obsolete.  Remember, there is a +180 days that is allowed on COs.  That could come into play.  I've also found that some CRAs just delete early.

July 2013 score:

Message 5 of 7
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Oh, I see. I thought I understood this to be an obsolete, but I see where there is some latitude on the CO timing that could come into play, plus the possibility the CRA just removed early.

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@lavencedora wrote:

Oh, I see. I thought I understood this to be an obsolete, but I see where there is some latitude on the CO timing that could come into play, plus the possibility the CRA just removed early.

Smiley Wink

July 2013 score:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.