Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Disputes now that Capital One has fully taken over

tag
sandieleslie
New Contributor

HSBC Disputes now that Capital One has fully taken over

I have an old HSBC Charge Off that was paid after charge off. Capital One is showing now as the card issuer on my credit report for my new Orchard Bank card and the HSBC information was removed from the creditor section.

Do you think if I dispute the old account that it would be deleted? Anyone have this experience?

7/2006$0

Bad debt/collection

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC Disputes now that Capital One has fully taken over

That is a great question, I'm sticking around for this one. Hopefully we can get a good answer.

I too have an old HSBC/BestBuy charge off from 2005. Mine was also paid and it is scheduled to fall off anyway, but not till November. I would love to dispute it and have it removed sooner.

Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

What would be the basis or reason for the dispute?

Message 3 of 7
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

Could you dispute the time when it should fall of your report? Say that the DOFD is over 7 years and should this should be removed? Maybe they don't even bother or even reply? Would that be reason for deletion? I'm just guessing, I could be way wrong.
Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 4 of 7
sandieleslie
New Contributor

Hi llecs,

They don't have the correct status on EQ and TU shows paymemt after collection which is fine.

Will be seeking mortgage approval at some point this year so trying to clear up whatever I can.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@irving_magik wrote:
Could you dispute the time when it should fall of your report? Say that the DOFD is over 7 years and should this should be removed? Maybe they don't even bother or even reply? Would that be reason for deletion? I'm just guessing, I could be way wrong.

OP's account was opened in 2006, and DOFD would be sometime after that which is an unknown. But the 7 yr CRTP is more than a year from being up at the least. You can't suggest that as a basis for deletion.

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@sandieleslie wrote:

They don't have the correct status on EQ and TU shows paymemt after collection which is fine.

What status is showing on EQ?

Have you sent any GW letters? Many here had success on that alone.

Also, do you really want it off? It might be a negative but is was opened 6 years ago. How old is your AAoA? And is this your oldest revolving reporting?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.