Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC GW

tag
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

HSBC GW

has anyone ever had luck getting hsbc deletion?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC GW

There are plenty of success stories with HSBC. Smiley Happy Good luck with yours!

PS 

1000th POST!!!!

1000.jpg

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 32
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Yes, I was able to get a GW for a 30-day late on a Best Buy credit card. I sent them a million GW emails, letters, etc and no one ever called me or sent a letter confirming that they were deleting, but the 30-day late just dissapeared one day. It's definitely worth a try with them!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 3 of 32
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

okay so what about charge off deletion

Message 4 of 32
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

you jusyt have to send in those GW's or email them, fax, snail mail, all the above... just have to attack it!

Paid charge off? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 5 of 32
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

well its unpaid charge off, the account was sold to ca, they have never put it on my credit reports or anything, hsbc asked if it was paid, i gave them round about answer.  im assuming they dont know its not paid.  

Message 6 of 32
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Who is reporting the CO? HSBC or the CA? You need to GW whomever is reporting the CO, but its unlikely they will delete unless it's paid. Reporting on your credit report is their leverage to encourage you to pay it.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MBOhio2 wrote:

Who is reporting the CO? HSBC or the CA? You need to GW whomever is reporting the CO, but its unlikely they will delete unless it's paid. Reporting on your credit report is their leverage to encourage you to pay it.

+1.  You're going to have to pay the CA.  I'm working with HSBC currently who has agreed to update a CO to a Paid As Agreed account.  They are checking with the CA that I have in fact paid the debt.  I've also sent them the satisfaction letter I've received from the CA saying the account was paid in full. 

Message 8 of 32
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

well its going to call off next year this time, from what ive been told, its not hurting my score by having it shown as paid, if they remove cool if not then ill just wait

Message 9 of 32
rbtextreme
New Contributor

Can someone please send me some contact information for hsbc? Have a paid CO that i'm trying to get deleted.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.