Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Helzberg

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

HSBC/Helzberg

Apparently I owe Helzberg/HSBC 60 dollars from June of 2006. It says Charge off on my truecredit EX pull and KD on my Experian.com report. TransUnion shows the account as revolving but no bad marks at all and Equifax doesn't report the account at all.

I don't remember ever having a collection agency contact me, I was pretty sure I had paid it already. Experian shows it as current and closed with a KD and I don't see a balance anywhere except for when I call them.

If I pay the money, I'm afraid they are going to report the account as paid in full and carry over the charge off or bad marks onto my EQ and TU account. I would consider PFD but I doubt they will accept it. I think that being in Arizona I am outside of the SOL, but from what I understand they can still report.  Any advice here, I want to apply for mortgage in november and my scores may be just good enough if I keep doing what I've been doing but I just want to clear up anything I can safely.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sobreezy
Contributor

Re: HSBC/Helzberg

@doublespaces wrote:

Apparently I owe Helzberg/HSBC 60 dollars from June of 2006. It says Charge off on my truecredit EX pull and KD on my Experian.com report. TransUnion shows the account as revolving but no bad marks at all and Equifax doesn't report the account at all.

I don't remember ever having a collection agency contact me, I was pretty sure I had paid it already. Experian shows it as current and closed with a KD and I don't see a balance anywhere except for when I call them.

If I pay the money, I'm afraid they are going to report the account as paid in full and carry over the charge off or bad marks onto my EQ and TU account. I would consider PFD but I doubt they will accept it. I think that being in Arizona I am outside of the SOL, but from what I understand they can still report.  Any advice here, I want to apply for mortgage in november and my scores may be just good enough if I keep doing what I've been doing but I just want to clear up anything I can safely.

If you believe that you paid them then my first step would be to DV.  Since you have a few good months before Nov I go with the DV and see if they even have enough paperwork to validate their claim.  If they do try a PFD anyway.  Offering them 60 bucks to remove a line on your CR is worth it to me.  But first things first DV it! Good Luck!

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.