Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Orchard Bank CO - still nothing.

tag
esme
Regular Contributor

HSBC/Orchard Bank CO - still nothing.

Sent a round of GWs to various mailing addresses that I got from a nyFICO user earlier this week, and also sent an email to the addresses I found via BBB (thanks, bridgetkaryn, fellow myFICO user!)

So, within an hour of sending my email today, I received a call from the SAME CSR from the Executive Resolutions Dept in Las Vegas that has denied ALL of my previous requests to GW via fax and emails to other HSBC execs, I swear, this woman is sick of my unrelenting GW requests. She calls, I pick up, and she says, sorry to have to keep saying this but HSBC's stance on your request stands and we will not be granting your request.

So I send another email to the same exec that I emailed 45 minutes prior saying thanks for reading my email and forwarding it to their executive resolutions department, but I have already gone down that route and gotten denied many times, and again today. I asked if there were any other way she could intervene.

An hour later, I get ANOTHER call from the executive resolutions dept and picked it up reluctantly, hoping that it wasn't the same woman that had denied me again for the 7th time (literally!). This time it was her manager, he explicitly said he was so-and-so's manager and that he felt compelled to reach out to me and tell me that HSBC has a firm stance on not granting GWs, that he empathizes with my situation, but that he couldn't do anything. I will give him credit for taking the time to call me, because really he was very nice, but geez. You would think that I had borrwed the money directly from his own bank account and burned him with the loss. I'm at a loss.

I see from a lot of other members' posts that HSBC/Orchard Bank is a really hard company to GW, but some have had success with persistence. I am about to give up on these people. They are one out of my last 3 baddies on my CR and I don't want to give up, but after so many denials, and all of my letters getting into the hands of the very same people who've denied my requests time and time again, I don't know what else to try.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC/Orchard Bank CO - still nothing.

Looking at it from their perspective, subjective deletions of accurate information can be viewed as being contrary to the integrity of the credit reporting system, and also discriminatory in its application. 

Regardless, the CRAs have a specfic written policy, included in multiple sections of their credit reporting manual, that previously reported information is not to be deleted based on payment of the debt.  That policy is reflected in their credit reporting agreements.

It is not all just hard-headedness.

Message 2 of 5
esme
Regular Contributor

Understood, just wondering what others who have had success with GWs to them did differently is all.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, I'm pausing on all GW'in to HSBC until Capital One takes over their accounts....then I shall try again Smiley Wink

I'm assuming I am understanding Cap1's purchase of HSBC properly and this may be a possibility.  I could be far off...

Message 4 of 5
randaljon
Regular Contributor

It's funny when I see someone mention the word "integrity" when it comes to any bank. Do your research on how the banking system/federal reserve was created, and how it works.  Integrity is the opposite of what they are all about. I would use the word fraud.

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.