Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Possible Removals???

tag
dsw283
New Contributor

HSBC Possible Removals???

I really have no idea if what I just did or not is good, but I called HSBC on some of my old accounts that were settled, and the girl said it shouldn't show that I have any late payments.  She said it should show that they were charged off, so she was going to submit a request to have the late payments removed but show that it is showing as charged off. I believe it already shows as charged off so this shouldn't hurt me technically right?  I'm supposed to be receiving a letter, she said in 14 days, perhaps I'll update then.  But does this sound like I got a GW for removing all my late payments on all 3 accounts for HSBC?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC Possible Removals???

I am a bit rusty, but I believe it will be scored the same since the sorts of lates that lead to a CO would be considered a major derogatory just the same. I had issues with an old charge off from Cap 1, who now owns HSBC cards, that I was working on getting removed because it was an error. They some how removed the old CO markings but replaced it with a newer one and that lowered my score for a bit. That was my greatest credit repair battle. I eventually ended up going through the EO and got it straigtened out.

Message 2 of 3
dsw283
New Contributor

Re: HSBC Possible Removals???

That's why I'm a bit skeptical on it, but if the account already shows that it has been charged off wouldn't the removal of late payments overall represent less late payments resulting in a better percentage of on time payments?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.