Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC UGH!!! Need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC UGH!!! Need advice

SO I have to star by saying this, I have NEVER had an account with HSBC. I recently discovered that someone used my name fraudulently and opened up an account with hsbc back in 2007 and the account was charged off in 2010. The chargeoff showed up on my credit report and I immediately contacted HSBC to resolve the matter and dispute it as fraud. When this happened I was immediately told that this debt was sold and that I should defer my fraud claim to the collection agency assigned the debt. So I did and after almost a year of writing letters, faxing police reports, mailing police reports, and the debt being passed along from CA to CA I was able to get Midland Credit Management to delete the account due to fraud. 

After this I contacted HSBC corporate escalations department to dispute the account again but this time armed with the fact that their CA agreed the account was possibly fraud. The rep provided me with the information that they have previously verified my account as belonging to me through PUBLIC record such as vehicle registration address etc. What public record information are they using? I have moved 3 times in the course of the last 2 years due to work and my vehicle is registered at my current address. She did slip and state that the account was opened online and hat someone was making payments towards the account online through a checking account that belongs to a bank that's not even in business anymore (lasalle bank). But she stated they will not delete this account from my report. I have since filed a complaint with the BBB and am at wits end on what to do. Is there anyone out there with any information or advice on what I should do next. I have escalated this all the way up to the office of the president of HSBC and received ZERO satisfaction or even any acknowledgment that this account could possibly not be mine. 

What should I do next? Will sending a letter explaining the situation to the 3 CBs get this deleted if I include the letter from the CA stating that they are deleting the file along with the police report? Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.