Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC & LVNV Nightmare!!!

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

HSBC & LVNV Nightmare!!!

Ive been cleaning up my credit for the past 4 months and have seen some success. I'm currently rehabbing some student loans, but the biggest issue I'm having is what direction to go with regards to HSBC and LVNV. There is a CO for HSBC from 2007 for $1175, then in 2009 LVNV buys the acct. my wife has called hsbc abd they said they have no record of that acct. i know that cap1 bought them, and they as well have no record. Now I know this a fraudulent acct. I'm currently deployed so I have had to rely on my wife to do much of the calling and letter writing. I'm just stuck on what to do. What's my course of action in getting these accts deleted if I know they aren't mine?
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC & LVNV Nightmare!!!

@hirkj wrote:
Ive been cleaning up my credit for the past 4 months and have seen some success. I'm currently rehabbing some student loans, but the biggest issue I'm having is what direction to go with regards to HSBC and LVNV. There is a CO for HSBC from 2007 for $1175, then in 2009 LVNV buys the acct. my wife has called hsbc abd they said they have no record of that acct. i know that cap1 bought them, and they as well have no record. Now I know this a fraudulent acct. I'm currently deployed so I have had to rely on my wife to do much of the calling and letter writing. I'm just stuck on what to do. What's my course of action in getting these accts deleted if I know they aren't mine?

Hi hirkj and welcome to the forums!!! She would send a DV (Debt Verification) letter to the CA. More than likely if they are not able to verify the account with the OC they will delete their TL (Trade Line)

Message 2 of 7
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! Is there a thread for DV example letters?
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 3 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Send the DV CMRRR ( always want a paper trail ) 

"I pulled my credit bureau report, and I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt. Under FDCPA 809, send me validation of this debt."

"You claim I owe you a debt. In accordance with FDCPA, send me validation of this debt."

"I received your letter claiming I owe you a debt. Per the FDCPA, send me validation of this debt."

You can choose one of the 3 above to your liking. I always liked the first one!!!

Keep it short and sweet. Choose which 3 fits in your circumstance.

Message 4 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

These guys were a trip for me.   Round and Round until I had it straightened out.  Big headache.

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you were deployed at the time, send them a copy of your deployment orders showing you were out of country at the time this account was opened.  I know that it is very hard to open an account while overseas, especially online because of the IP addresses. 

I would also fill out and send this FTC Fraud Affidavit:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/resources/forms/affidavit.pdf

Message 6 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Very good point Guiness!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.