Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC and PRA next move

tag
alexl22
Regular Contributor

HSBC and PRA next move

Alright so the HSBC CO and the resulting collection from PRA are the last baddies on my files, PRA has continued to treat my PFD letter as disputes even though I say in the letter that I am not disputing, and HSBC has repeatedly referred me to PRA when I send GW letters to them. So my next plan of action is this; Call PRA and request a pay in full for deletion, the amount is 583, the accounts are due to fall off next year and are well beyond the SOL for PA of 4 years.

They already ding my report every month and the only benefit of settling this account is to not have them report collection for another year. As we all know how hard they are to get off I will tell them I will pay in full for deletion or else I will send them a decist and desist letter, and forget about them till they fall off and they will never see a dime from me. Now I will probably pay it after the fact as the debt is mine but I will not pay it while they continue to report. Obviously this is a long shot and I have no inclination that it will work, but I figure it is worth a shot. Thoughts?

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC and PRA next move

PRA will not delete it. I know how you feel as I am in the same boat with them. I am stuck having to pay them as well, but at this point, it's better to get rid of them altogether they are set to drop off in the next year as well. I want to buy a home so I have no choice but to clean it off or wait a year. You can imagine what choice this leaves me.

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Thats the thing, I had applied to be pre-approved for a morgage with my local CU just to see where I stood and what I would have to when I was ready, which wont be until after these last two baddies fall off, and the Loan officer stated that I did not need to pay this one off as it was only 563. I obviously know this is most likely not gonna work but hey nothing else has yet and I am not inclined to pay them as they have resorted to dirty jdc tactics with this account.

Message 3 of 6
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

I will let you know what happens, I can only imagine how long this takes to clear up on the CR's once its paid in full.

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
alexl22
Regular Contributor

bump

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@alexl22 wrote:

Alright so the HSBC CO and the resulting collection from PRA are the last baddies on my files, PRA has continued to treat my PFD letter as disputes even though I say in the letter that I am not disputing, and HSBC has repeatedly referred me to PRA when I send GW letters to them. So my next plan of action is this; Call PRA and request a pay in full for deletion, the amount is 583, the accounts are due to fall off next year and are well beyond the SOL for PA of 4 years.

They already ding my report every month and the only benefit of settling this account is to not have them report collection for another year. As we all know how hard they are to get off I will tell them I will pay in full for deletion or else I will send them a decist and desist letter, and forget about them till they fall off and they will never see a dime from me. Now I will probably pay it after the fact as the debt is mine but I will not pay it while they continue to report. Obviously this is a long shot and I have no inclination that it will work, but I figure it is worth a shot. Thoughts?

Attempt the PFD, they are tough to get to do it. If it doesnt happen settle for no more than 50% since its past SOL and if you want to wait till it drops the settlement offer can be no more than 20%. If you dont want to settle at all then a FOAD or C&D letter is in order, your choice and good luck Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.