Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC chargeoff now with capital one..

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

HSBC chargeoff now with capital one..

I have read that cap one will not do a pfd so what should I do to make a positive impact on my report ? 

Cap One Jun, 2012

Status as of

Jun, 2012

Date opened [?]

Sep, 2006

Date of last activity [?]

Jun, 2011

Largest past balance [?]

$407

Account Type [?]

Revolving

Account holder [?]

Individual

Industry

All Banks

Descriptions [?]

• Consumer disputes after resolution
  • Account transferred or sold

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?]

Current Status [?]

$0

Bad debt/collection

Seven year payment history [?]

30 days late

3 times (Jul 2011, Feb 2011)

60 days late

2 times (Aug 2011, Mar 2011)

90+ days late

3 times (Nov 2011, Oct 2011, Sep 2011)

Recent payment history [?]

Legend:

Currently paid as agreed

30 days late

60 days late

90 days late

120 days late

Worst Delinquency [?]

120+ days past due

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC chargeoff now with capital one..

Since it was paid or sold to a CA, I'd GW like mad. ETA... I personally would ask for deletion.

Message 2 of 8
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Gw ( good will letter) who the CA? 

Also is there a chance that the credit collection agency would allow me to pfd? The name of the company is Cavaalry portfolio services amy of the debt is $932.42

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

PFDs and GWs always go to the one reporting. HSBC/CapOne in your above post is reporting as paid so the GW goes to them. The CA cannot make the OC delete, and vice-versa.

If a CA is reporting, send a DV to the CA first. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD to the CA. I can't speak to Calvary, but anything is possible.

Message 4 of 8
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Thanks in advance for helping btw

Okay so even though it says cap one and that it was sold and transferred until capone disappears and a collection agency is replaced in that spot then contunue to send pfd and gw and dv  to cap one correct? 

DV should be done 1st..but it is mine and I am not disputing it. So in the event they come back and say yes this is yours then what should my next step be? pfd or gw or both ? 

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@SSH0126 wrote:

Thanks in advance for helping btw

Okay so even though it says cap one and that it was sold and transferred until capone disappears and a collection agency is replaced in that spot then contunue to send pfd and gw and dv  to cap one correct? 

DV should be done 1st..but it is mine and I am not disputing it. So in the event they come back and say yes this is yours then what should my next step be? pfd or gw or both ? 

No. 

When an OC account goes bad, like this CapOne (formerly the HSBC), you'll see a 30, 60, 90, etc. and eventually it'll become a charge-off if not paid. The OC can continue to report for 7-7.5 years from the DOFD of the debt. Even if they sell the debt (as is here), the OC can continue to report for that 7-7.5 yrs from DOFD.

At some point in time, the OC can choose to sell the debt to a CA. Once they sell the debt, then the OC's balance goes to zero. The OC isn't replaced by the [CA]. Both the OC and the CA can report at the same time. It's up to the CA if or when they report. 

Your only option with this OC TL is to send GWs. You cannot send PFDs because in CapOne's eyes it is paid. They cannot accept a payment at all, or if they did, they'd have to forward it to the CA. The OC cannot accept a PFD arrangement. DV letters also cannot go to the OC. DV letters only go to CAs.

Is the CA reporting? If no, there's nothing you can do to the CA (other than pay). You can't send a PFD to a non-reporting CA. You can send a DV to the CA if they are sending you collection letters. You can also send a DV letter to the CA if they are reporting.

IMO, always send a DV to a CA first. It's not a dispute. You are asking for the OC's info if you wanted to call the OC to find out more. The CA must also give you the balance and you can use that as a basis for the PFD.

Message 6 of 8
SSH0126
Established Contributor

The Ca is not reporting as of now. 

Message 7 of 8
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I have the same thing with my old Capital One, and two old HSBC's

I Disputed the CA's for all 3 and they were all deleted.

Now all three on the OC lines show 0.00 and no Ca reporting.

I have been sending GW's like a mad woman especially since I have cards now all unsecured with each of them, well now I guess Cap1.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.