Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC gw SUCCESS!

tag
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

HSBC gw SUCCESS!

I have been sending HSBC gw letters since November with no sucess, and being told by the resolution department that they dont remove any late payments. So I paid them off and and sent in an email asking them to update the credit bureaus with the current account balance and to send me a letter when they were done. In the process I mailled them another round of GW letters asking them to remove the late payments. Today I received a letter that they are currently reporting the account to the credit bureaus a zero balance and NO LATE PAYMENTS!  I am so excited! Cant wait to get my score watch notice! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC gw SUCCESS!

Good for you!!! Congrats!

I have just started the goodwill 'process' with them I only hope I can have the same luck.

Message 2 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

That's W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L   ! !

Thanks so much for sharing.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 7
BGinVA
Contributor

Congrats, HSBC didn't even respond to my goodwill request.  I got a yes from Chase, a no from Cap 1 and nothing from them:-(  If you have a contact that you think I could try I'd love it if you'd pm it to me. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Nice!

I also have some late payments from HSBC. What is a GW letter?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 6 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow. Nice!

I also have some late payments from HSBC. What is a GW letter?

Here's a copy of a  G W letter.

Goodwill (GW) letters are  short and sweet, asking the OC or the CA for a favor.Examples..delete the whole TL, remove lates etc.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.