cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC gw success but have a question before I proceed!

tag
snake1212
Established Member

HSBC gw success but have a question before I proceed!

Hello everyone,

I first have to thank everyone here, the amount of knowledge I have gained in a short period of time couldn't have been done without your insight.  I recently sent a GW letter to HSBC on a credit card I had some late payments on because I got sick.  I sent a GW letter that I found here to the address for HSBC that I found on my credit report.  I just got a letter back saying that my account has been updated to no late payments and I just checked my report and it is now reporting all payments on time.  My question however is because of the same account with a different account number being reported that still shows the late payments.  I lost this card back in 2010 and they gave me a new card that the account number was one digit different.  The old card stopped reporting in 2010 however the new card that replaced this one still showed payement history back till 2007. 

My question is if I send a GW letter to HSBC on the original account is it possible that they look at my payment history and decide instead of updating the the old account they go back to the account they just erased the late payments on and put them back.  I am just unsure of how to handle this other account.

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP, Amex PRG, USAA Platinum Cash Reward, DCU Platinum, Barclay Apple
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC gw success but have a question before I proceed!

It is possible, but not, in my opinion, likely.  It would make then look like a horse's hind quarters.

First, are you sure that the closed, lost card is still being included in FICO scoring, even though appearing in your CR?  It is my understanding that FICO wont score a card reported as lost/stolen twice.  So it may be academic.

If it is still scoring, it is, in my opinion, worth pursuing.  The deletion of one still leaves one, so little has yet been gained.  I see no reason why the creditor would choose to be inconsistent in their reporting on the identical item.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.